Monday, September 11, 2006

From the beginning


I am so backlogged on stories about my trip here to England that I decided I would just start from the beginning and gradually get to the present...sort of like Star Trek and time disturbances....

Anyway, when we got here we stayed at the Cotswold Grange hotel for a few weeks. The breakfasts were huge and the folks there were really nice. It is close to town so I was able to walk or take the bus anywhere I needed to go.

We then moved to Prestbury...more on that later....

6 comments:

Lois R. said...

Ooo! I love the Cotswolds. Gorgeous, huh?

Looking forward to hearing more...

Patti said...

What a wonderful looking old place! Looks like it might have been the home of an aristocrat in the 1700's adn 1800's. Do you know if it was or not? I am absolutely green with envy - I'd love to travel there for a month or two sometime!

Unknown said...

Hi Siobhan - good to see you're able to post pics now - so obviously things are starting to settle down - excellent

Tonya Ricucci said...

ooh, posh. looks wonderful

Rae said...

Glad to have you back with pics. Looks like such a great place. Looking forward to your tail.

Dorothee said...

Is that the Prestbury outside of Manchester? If so, I'll seriously envy you! What a fab place to live. And you'll find that in Manchester especially, there are a lot of work shops and quilt-related things going on.