Saturday, December 23, 2006

Fog, Fog, and more Fog


Well I'm back from the states and in the land of Fog! Yesterday I couldn't even see Mac at the end of his leash! It took a few days to get used to being on this time zone but I think I'm just using that as an excuse for being so far behind in getting the house ready for Christmas. Yesterday I did a marathon decorating session...the tree is up, dozens of santas are spread around the house, and all my cookie making supplies are spread across the kitchen counters! This is as Christmas as I'll get this year...there are still 4 boxes marked xmas in the garage but I've run out of energy and space!


I brought the quilt I am making for my great-nephew (yikes!!!) home to see if he would like it. What a fun kid! He first wrapped himself up in it, then spread it on the floor and laid down on it, then draped it on a chair to sit on it, he then covered the coffee table with it and then finally put it over his head and walked around the room....yes, my camera was going the entire time and may have contributed to his fun.

With all the fog and darkness right now (all making it very difficult for me to drive) I should be able to finish quilting it over the holidays. When someone shows that much appreciation for a quilt it is easier to finish it and to think of making them another!

We went into to town today to do some last minute shopping. It was crazy! Typical Christmas crowds. I was amazed the candy store we usually go to was almost stripped bare! I did find some chocolate covered raisins so I can make my DH's favorite Oatmeal cookies. It is hard being away from home for Christmas.

6 comments:

dot said...

Welcome back. Sounds like you had fun sans the weather. What a cute little guy.

quiltpixie said...

so glad that your quilt will be well loved.... everything from play mat, to ghost costume to tent making :-)

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh he is sooo adorable! I think he likes the quilt quite a lot! Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Siobhan - with the chaos at the UK airports you were lucky to be able to land - glad you got back safely - despite being away from your family I hope you have a peaceful and happy Christmas

Tonya Ricucci said...

Like Anne, I was worried you weren't going to be able to get back to England with all that fog. Glad you made it back safe and sound. Don't overdo the holidays and enjoy yourself. Definitely is hard to be far from home, but think of it as an adventure. At least they celebrate Christmas in England!

Darcie said...

Glad you're safe and sound!

What a darling great nephew! And he loves his quilt...which makes him even more delightful, right?!