Tuesday, October 09, 2007

This and That

The past few weeks have flown by! Dh has been sick which makes everything more complicated...he is doing better and went to work today so I can take a breather! Also we have been having problems with out internet connection...this morning we finally get a call back from BT broadband and of course the computer is working fine and the tech help barely speaks English and I don't speak "Edward's" language so I can't explain the problem....uggggh.


First, the "E" Quilt blocks belong to one of the members of my Fairford group. They were made by members of her family for her father when he was born! (His initials were EE!) She was home last month and a relative gave them to her to finish. I know I just saw this pattern somewhere on the ring but can't remember. Funny how you don't see a pattern for years and suddenly - there are two within a few weeks on opposite sides of the world!






Next, I have almost finished my Tudor mini-room. Here is the fireplace and the walls drying out. I've already sketched out a second floor. We visited Shrewsbury this weekend (finally) and I found myself taking lots of photos of timber buildings for inspiration. (Shrewsbury is a great shopping town! Lots of fun, funky stores. I need to go back without my DH!) Since I am a huge Cadfael fan we visited the Abbey. Not what I had pictured in my mind but still beautiful. While we were there the organist started practicing which made me feel like my Dad was with me (he was our church's organist.)






Part of our trip to Shrewsbury was for me to play with my new camera! DH gave me my Christmas present early...a Nikon D40. It is a lot of fun but also a lot to learn. Exciting though!
On the quilting front...I finished a baby quilt top this week and am trying to finish another. I feel very behind right now....what is that saying "the faster I go the behinder I get."






12 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

I don't think I've ever seen an E-block like that before. Fun to see the antique blocks. Glad you've been having some fun and not just taking care of an invalid.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Wow! That miniature sure is detailed! Very cool! And I've never seen an E block either! Very cool! My dad was the church organist also!

Fiona said...

Wow, I'm bowled over by your miniature - it's so effective. You put me to shame, I must have driven through / round the edge of Shrewsbury at least once a year every year of my life on the way to Wales and yet have never stopped to visit.

julieQ said...

How neat is the E block!! I have not ever seen an E antique quilt. How cool!!

JulieK

atet said...

Those blocks are lovel and your minature is simply fantastic! As for the behinder you get part -- oh, don't I know how that goes!

Jeanne said...

The E block is new to me, too. It looks great in that quilt. Your miniature is looking wonderful.

Unknown said...

Glad you enjoyed Shrewsbury - my DH's birthtown - lovely town as you say. The tudor room is looking very interesting and thanks for sharing the 'E' blocks. I love church organ music especially played in a big cathedral or abbey - so majestic and powerful just fills my sould right up to the very top!!!

Andrea said...

Amazing blocks and new to me too. I have a trip tp Shrewsbury planned very soon as I have just found out there is a long arm quilt business there and I want to suss it out. Your miniature is fabulous.

Catherine said...

Love the "E". I have an "H" quilt I will share some time soon. Best, Catherine

Gypsy Quilter said...

What a wonderful miniature. And the fireplace really works? Incredible. Hope you hubby is feeling much better.

sewkalico said...

Glad to hear from you again - the time sure flies huh? Hope DH is on the mend. They are never good to have along at the shops LOL.
Love the 'E' quilt and that's a great miniature too!

ForestJane said...

So is she going to finish the blocks out finally or do you have them to do for her? But it's a pretty cool idea, never seen that block before.