Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Gardens and sunshine

I have had more visitors which throws my blogging time way off! That and finally having some sunny weather has made my eyes wonky too. If its not one thing it is another no?

Anyway, I ended up spending a lot of time playing with my photos. I am getting a bit better about deleting duplicates and some of the poorer lamb shots! I also worked on my wonky crumb quilt (wonky eyes work well with wonky quilts.) I think I may put a few bands of blue and/or green around the outside and call this a day. It used up quite a bit of my crumbs and several of my orphan "Janes." I still have a bagful or crumbs though (in the upper right is only a tiny portion of them!) I need to do something with them before they multiply...like Tribbles (sorry for the geeky star trek reference...it just fits sooo well.)

I have also gone to a few open gardens. They look so wonderful. The photos on the left was taken in a bog garden. I love how the leaves are draped around it like a basket.

The village we went to Sunday had lots of thatched roof houses. Always photogenic!


15 comments:

Becky said...

Really like your wonky crumb quilt top. Love how you used the big half-square triangles of different sizes. A great quilt!

*karendianne. said...

Love this quilt you're working on, Sio. So fun! It feels cozy already.

Oh you know what they say about The Trouble with Tribbles! ;) Its time to make another one. Resistance is futile. I think that's my "Q" to leave...

Bolding Going with Love, *karendianne.

Darcie said...

The wonky crumbs are just so fun and carefree...just like summer should be!

I always enjoy the photos of your neighborhood. Both of the scenes could be inspiration for quilts!

sewkalico said...

Crumbs! You've very social these days LOL
Cute quilt and lovely thatch cottage too.

Sharon said...

Your crumb quilt is looking good! They're so fun and freeing to do, aren't they?
Love that house with the pretty iris and stone wall. Thanks for the trip to England!

Tonya Ricucci said...

the crumb top looks sooo good - glad Brownie stopped surfing on the blocks long enough for you to put it together. and another gorgeous thatched cottage - sigh.

Carol E. said...

Great quilt!

Fabricmom said...

What a great way to use orphan blocks. thanks for sharing.

Nines said...

Love the crumbs- and the nerdy reference. Tanya is the only one I know who loves sci-fi more than me! The picture is great!

Quilts And Pieces said...

I don't have company and my blogging has been SAD lately! Work is driving me crazy! I love your crumb quilt!

Magpie Sue said...

It's looking like I have a lot of crumb piecing in my future. Found another box of stuff from my old studio space and there are *more* scraps in there! Ack! Scraps may be worse than tribbles!

Gypsy Quilter said...

What a great roof. Thanks for sharing. Love your comment on Tribbles. That is absolutely perfect. Mile-A-Minute Tribble blocks, I think I'll go make some. Well, after I clean up my current project. Hope your eyes feel better soon.

Purple Pam said...

I love your wonky quilt. Those are my kind of quilts, anything goes! Hope your eyes adjust and start working better for you.

Nancy said...

What a fabulous top! I love orphan blocks; yours is so pretty that I'm inspired! This top reminds me of something I heard once, years ago, "You know, that's a quilt you can look at for a long time!" (and never be bored...)
Best, Nancy

Finn said...

Hi Sio, sorry to hear the eyes are bothering...it's something I know about all too well.
I absolutely love your 'combo' quilt top in progress. Great use of both orphans and wonky bits. I just went back and looked at the older one you own(we posted it to the orphan train about a year ago) and I think yours just might be even better than that one. Congratulations on this one! Really spectacular. Hugs, Finn