Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St Patrick's Day



Well my DH just left for work wearing his Irish Rugby shirt and carrying a large loaf of Irish bread made with lots of raisins and caraway seeds...funny how it was tucked under his arm like a football! There are some scones in the oven to take over my friend Magaret's house where we are planning on doing some applique this morning. A pretty quiet St. Patricks day here.
On another topic...this is a photo of Margret's most recent quilt. She started it in a class with Kaffe Fasset when he taught here in Georgia last Fall. I love the fabrics in this one!

Back to Irish...are any of you quilters following American Idol? Have to admit that it has grabbed me this year because of Siobhan...and I am not just supporting her because she has the same name as me! That girl can sing! She is also a bit quirky which helps too....

10 comments:

Clare said...

Kaffe's fabrics and quilts are beginning to grow on me, especially after seeing his striped fabric.

Darcie said...

Sounds like a pretty terrific beginning to your Day O' Green! Happy St. Patrick's Day to you too, Siobhan...of Scraps and Threadtales fame! ;-)

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

I'm an idol junkie... ThAt is great hand sewing time watching the show....Siobhan is great and I like the blonde with dreads to...and I love lee's voice, smoky and raspy....
:-)

Loris said...

Happy St Patrick's Day! The Kaffe Fasset quilt is beautiful.
Enjoy your stitching time :-)

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

Happy St. Pat's to you too.

KimP said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day Miss Irish! Hope you had a great day!

quiltmom anna said...

Sio,
I have become fond of Kaffe fabrics- Wanda of Exuberant Color has made some stunning quilts with his fabrics - His stuff is not easy to get here and is quite expensive to buy- I have been looking on line but am not sure what I want so make so I haven't succumbed so far- It is not like I don't have a whole stash of fabric to choose from already.LOL
When you were living in England- did you go across to Ireland- My husband grew up in Newfoundland and people often compare Ireland and Newfoundland- both islands, both fabulously craggy vistas and the people of Newfoundland have tbe real down home folkie ways of the Irish..
Happy St Patrick's Day to you and yours,
Regards,
Anna

pajudie said...

I also love Siobhan - she's an original and reminds me of a female Adam Lambert. I loved her rendition of "Paint it Black" - really good song choice for her!!
Love the Kaffe Fassett fabrics - how fun to have a class with him!
Happy St. Pat's Day to you -
Judie

Purple Pam said...

What a fun quilt! I love the bright colors. Is your friend going to let you keep it? LOL!

julieQ said...

Hope you had a fun day...lovely quilt top!! I noticed that name on American Idol and thought of you.