Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Eyecandy from retreat

Retreat was a lot of fun...lots of food, laughter and even a bit of quilting. One of the things I really enjoy about my guild is the wide diversity of quilting styles in a relatively small (100 members) group.The first thing I saw when I came through the door was an almost compelted RRCB...Sharon, who pieced this top, kept up with Bonnie through the month of December. This top went to the longarmer on Saturday...btw I was on 410 of my 600 hst.....
Some quilts make repeat visits to retreat...the birthday quilt above was started in 2010 and finished this year. The center is all appliqued and shows her garden and cats! (My block is the basket on the left side...)This red quilt comes from a Piece of Cake Pattern. Last year I believe she worked on the border...now it only needs binding!
Several of the newer quilters were working on Turning 20's and Take 5's.
And I'm not sure of the name of this quilt but it involved sewing a jelly roll strips together until they were the length of the conference hall then folding and cutting...and folding and cutting. Anyway it turned out quite cute.

More later...got to nap!

13 comments:

Ali Honey said...

Lovely colours in Sharon's quilt. I especially like the outside border.

Tammy said...

the first quilt is absolutely stunning - I love the colors. Sounds like you had a great time.

Katie said...

What a wonderful colorway in that RRCB. I'm not making it but I'm really enjoying seeing all the different versions of it. :-)

Sew Create It - Jane said...

I can't believe someone managed to keep up with Bonnie!! Looks absolutely gorgeous!

Clare said...

I'm always amazed at how people manage to keep up with Bonnie. I won't do her mysteries as I know I can't!

Glad you had a great time.

Teresa Rawson said...

Looks like fun for everyone...nice show and tell!

In stitches,
Teresa :o)

Tonya Ricucci said...

lots of fun quilts. at first I was so impressed that you'd gotten that far on RRCB. heh heh heh. glad you had a great time and are resting now!

AnnieO said...

Great RRCB! I like the string blocks better when they are set in the quilt than by themselves. And the other quilts are just as interesting and beautiful! Glad you had a wonderful time.

Dionne said...

Sounds fun! One of these days I'm going to go on a quilt retreat! Did I miss what you worked on, or did you neglect to share a photo? Love all the pictures. Sharon's RRCB looks fabulous. Those string blocks have me slowed down. I'm doing that step and the HSTs simulataneously!
Cheers,
Dionne

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

Great eye candy!!! Thanks for sharing, and whooooo, that Sharron girl did great!

Bonnie

cityquilter grace said...

love the RRCB, beautiful! i'm a yankee quilter too

*karendianne. said...

That "piece of cake" is really something to see but I have to admit that Jelly Roll quilt is really cool. I dig that!

Purple Pam said...

Your retreat pictures are wonderful. Thank you for sharing.