I promised a finish a few posts ago and here it is! I put the last few stitches on the binding last night. This quilt would never have happened without a lot of help from friends. First the pattern is from Bonnie Hunter's book, Adventures with Leaders and Enders. I was encouraged to finish the top because my friends Angie and Pat were also making this quilt and wanted to put them all together in the next Quilt show (pressure and deadlines help!) My friend Maggie Hunt quilted it for me and Paula attached the binding on her machine for me (my arms are a bit weak at the moment - heck, I am weak at the moment...)
To celebrate I treated myself to some Lemon Blueberry Bread. My sister put me on to a new recipe site (new to me at least) www.joyofbaking.com I've made a couple of their recipes and all have been really good. (I did substitute 1/4 cup of lemon yogurt for half of the milk in my bread though...)
I will pass on my Aunt Ellie's tip for keeping the blueberries high in the bread (works for muffins too.) Wash the blueberries then place them single layer on a dishtowel for 15-20 minutes. Place a papertowel in a bowl and put the berries into the bowl gently shake them so any moisture goes onto the towel. Remove the paper-towel. Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon of flour over the berries. Even though the berries I used for this bread were huge they were evenly spread throughout.
Back to the quilting front...I found a stack of rwb blocks that were destined for a QOV. Laid them out and remembered why they weren't finished. It was done as a group and there is a fairly large variance in block size! Brownie helped me sort them. I think if I make a dozen more blocks we can get a top finished at our next bee...need to go rummage in the 2-1/2 inch strips and see if I have any red, neutrals or blues left!