Now that my DH is back to working at least half days I have time to get back in the sewing room! A couple of weeks ago I took a workshop with Bonnie Hunter at the Aiken, S.C. guild. It was a fun class! Of course then I went on vacation and my block and fabrics sat in the hallway for a couple of weeks...but I'm back!
Now Bonnie's quilt was done is two colors - Blue and Brown. I originally started making blue and green blocks. The problem is I have another blue and green quilt in the works. So made a few yellow and red blocks...then I remembered I have a yellow and red quilt in the works (for in the works read UFO!) So I thought why don't I use both of the blocks...
Problem is when I laid them out I wasn't so excited...too linear. one row would have green and blue and the next yellow and red. So back to the secondary block...a change up in the center square put the blue and green next to each other so the blocks would end up on the diagonal. Much better!
So I succeeded in making this a much more complicated quilt then Bonnie intended...that's me! I am using lots of scraps though and for that she would be happy!
Also, my leader and ender project for this are these half-square blocks based on the top gifted to me by a guild member a few weeks ago. The hst are 1-1/2 inch finished. so the blocks are 6 inch finished. No hurry - just fun and a good way to use up the 2-inch strips left over from other projects!