Thursday, November 08, 2012

Lots of Quilt Talk!

The last few days have busy quilting days...well, at least busy talking about quilting...

First, I went up to Seneca, SC to do a program for the Lakes and Mountains Quilt Guild.  They are a really great group of quilters.  I changed up my 100 year of quilting presentation to include how these antique and vintage quilts can inspire modern quilters.  I hope they enjoyed it as much as I did!  It is always fun to take the quilts out for a road-trip....

On the way home I stopped in McCormick S.C. to check out some of the Quilt Blocks they are putting up on local buildings.

The local antique store is where the blocks are drafted and painted.  It looks like a wonderful project...more will be up soon!

Then last night Bonnie Hunter came by so more quilt talk!  She was on her way to Florida and my house was about the halfway point.

  Our friend Paula came by so we sat around the kitchen table and stitched.  Paula and I worked on our Sheep pincushions (mine is the little one with her winter blanket!) while Bonnie stitched down the binding on her bow-tie quilt.  My DH watched the election returns and narrated....



All and all a busy few days.  I still need to put away the quilts but that may have to wait until tomorrow.  Right now it's time for a long nap!

10 comments:

Janet O. said...

Love the block designs going on the buildings. Very cool!
Bonnie mentioned spending time with you--sounded like fun.
I love those sheep pincushions. So cute! Pattern available somewhere?

KQ Sue said...

Love the sheep. I, also, would would like to know if there is a pattern.

Cathy said...

I love your little pin cushion. It is so adorable. Hugs

AnnieO said...

I saw Mac on Bonnie's blog and wondered if it was the same Mac, since I didn't read the whole post. Now I know :) What fun letting fabric take up so much of your talking time! Your sheep in his blanket is too cute.

June said...

I also love the sheep!!! I collect sheep, well, not real ones, of course, but most anything else sheepie!

Vic in NH said...

How wonderful to spend some time with Bonnie. Hope you rest well!

McIrish Annie said...

How exciting to have Bonnie Hunter in the house!!

Unknown said...

Love the sheep pincushions.

sewkalico said...

CUTE pincushions!!! Great that you got to catch up with quilty friends!!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

What fabulous sheep! My DD1 would love one of those as she is a knitter. I'm going to have to look for the pattern :o)