Wednesday, January 02, 2013

2012 in review...

I noticed many bloggers being so much more positive than I.  Instead of focusing on UFO's and what they need to do in 2013 they posted what they did in 2012...so here goes...

This crib size quilt was finished up during my guild's National Quilt Day and donated to the Ronald McDonald house along with stack made by other members.

I can't seem to find the finished quit photo but the finished version of this quilt was presented to a local veteran who was severely injured.  Homes for our Troops built and adapted home for him and his family and this was presented to them at the key ceremony.

I made this little quilt for a friend who was named teacher of the year for our county!

My biggest quilt finish was not a quilt at all!  In April I took the test for AQS Quilt Appraiser Certification and passed!

My Pensieve Quilt, a string project done with Tonya Ricucci and others online.  I had fun with the border on this one.  Amazingly the entire quilt did not make a dent in the 1-1/2 inch strip bin....

We finished another guild donation quilt to benefit Camp Rainbow, a camp for children with cancer.

I attended the American Quilt Study Seminar in Lincoln in November...learned lots!  This photo was taken at the International Quilt Museum during their behind the scenes tour.

Of course there is the chubby sheep pincushion...

The last finish of the year was my embroidered Christmas pillow which used a vintage plate block.

So yes, the starts way outnumber the finishes in 2012 but some quilts went to some good causes.  Maybe I finish best when I have deadlines or a reason to get that final binding on....something to think about!


12 comments:

Impera Magna said...

I don't see your UFO list as a negative but as a fun challenge! And I know you'll tackle that challenge with gusto...

I enjoyed revisiting your finishes too... so many lovely quilts! I have a couple of QOV-type quilts to make this year and am inspired to hop to it after seeing your patriotic quilts!

MB in MI said...

Nice post!! Happy 2013!

Janet O. said...

You have had a busy year, even if there weren't a lot of finishes. And you have supported some very good causes.
I love the chubby sheep pincushion.
And I so relate to the deadline thing. Most of my finishes went out my door within 24 hours of finish. They were gift or donation quilts with deadlines.

The Civil War Quilter said...

A nice bit of work, I'd say! Good for you and good for the lucky recipients too! Happy New Year!

Tonya Ricucci said...

woohoo, you got lots done! I didn't finish a single thing this year. uh, last year. seriously.

Me and My Stitches said...

That looks like good progress to me! Love your chubby sheep - he is just adorable.

sewkalico said...

Amazing work!!! Love the veteran quilt! Hate [lol] reading your blog because you always inspire me to want to make stuff!!!!

Dawn said...

Congrats on an amazing year - here's to a great 2013.

Frog Quilter said...

Awesome. Happy stitching.

Marei said...

Luckily it's not about starts v. finishes...it's about the love of putting needle through fabric. Doesn't get much better than that. Happy New Year!

Purple Pam said...

Wow! Look at all those finished quilts, and all those almost finished quilts below. It appears you have been a very busy quilter in 2012. Grerat job.

Bill Volckening said...

Happy 2013. Can't wait to see some majolica on Roadshow!!!