The next two months look like they will be very busy so I am trying to use this week to get organized!
First I'm getting ready for the AQSG Seminar in Charleston. I have one bag packed with things for the silent auction, another with some "show and tell" for the string quilt round-table/study, another bag with an example of Cheddar and some vintage cheddar fabric for the Cheddar study session, and finally a bag with some wine and treats for the room...yes, I know I still need to pack clothes!
I'm also trying to get ahead of the curve on my guild's quilt show next month...I made a spreadsheet. If I just follow that I should be fine. It includes everything from date to turn in the registration form to if the quilt has it's sleeve, label,
and labeled pillowcase...I bought a stack of pillowcases at a yard sale many years ago and just use them for storing quilts and for carrying them to the show...This pillowcase has gone to three shows!
I am only having four items judged. I have five for the Bonnie Hunter Inspired Quilt Display...looks like we will have about 25 quilts made from Bonnie's patterns! I also finished one for the guild crayon challenge. Phew...oh ya, and I donated to the silent auction. The only thing I haven't done is something for the Guild's Member's Table...hand-made items made by guild members are sold at the table. Not sure if I'll have the time or energy for that one!
Things have been slow lately...had a bad re-occurrence of optic neuritis. It is a symptom of the MS...a painful symptom. Makes it difficult to drive and the pain sort of wipes me out. It is slowly getting better so I am hopeful I can avoid any medical intervention (that usually involved steroids which are just yuck...) Thankfully my show quilts were all at the final stages...just needed bind, label or a case...but I will need to ration energy and events the next couple of weeks! So as long as I just stick to that spreadsheet....