Friday, February 21, 2014

Wheel of Chance

A "new to me" quilt arrived today.  I bought it about a month ago on ebay...took the slow train here from Canada!

Right now I am really drawn to quilts with circular motifs so no surprise I bought this one.  The fabrics are nice but it is in dire need of a long soak!

That may have to wait a few weeks as the weather right now is a bit unpredictable...rain..sun..rain...and that is just in the morning!  By the end of March things should settle down enough that I'll have a full day for quilt drying.

We are still doing a bit of clean-up after the ice storms.  One more tree out back needs to be cut up and removed and I want to dig out the roots of the tree that up-ended so I can replant next month.  Yesterday we did the big shopping trip to refill the freezer...so things are almost to normal...

That is until Dobby got sick...urgh.  Poor babe has and eye infection.  He spent last night crammed into the corner of the closet head-first!  I got up for a 7:15 am appointment (difficult because I don't drive well in the dark!)  Even at that hour the vet ran almost 30 minutes late so Dob was in quite a state for the exam...
Luckily it is only conjunctivitis and not a "war wound."  Should be back to himself in a couple of days...if I can get those eye drops in three times a day that is!  Yikes!

8 comments:

julieQ said...

First of all, I hope your baby kitty is all better soon!! Secondly...love your new quilt! It is gorgeous...aren't those such pretty old fabrics? fun to look at!

Sue SA said...

What a great quilt, love the secondary pattern it makes. Glad you got your power back, sounds like a terrible storm!

Cathy said...

Very nice quilt. I love circle quilts too. Hope your kittly is better soon. Hugs

Janet O. said...

Oh, the eye drops can present quite a challenge! Good luck with that--wishing Dobby well.
What a wonderful quilt. Love the motion of the wheels. With a good bath, it will be delightful!

Chantal said...

So glad to hear things are back to "normal" around your house. Well, except for Dobby, I wish him and you good luck with that.
I absolutely agree with you; it is a GORGEOUS quilt. It looks to be in very good shape. How old would you say it is?
Thanks for sharing.
Chantal

Gypsy Quilter said...

Poor wee kitty. Glad you are all well otherwise after that horrific storm.

Tonya Ricucci said...

another slice o' pie quilt!!!! love it. was admiring one similar to this not so long ago. woohoo!!!!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

What a lovely antique quilt...where in Canada did it come from??