Saturday, May 03, 2014

May Guild Meeting


With the new puppy in the house I haven't done much quilting the past two weeks but today did get away to my guild's May meeting.

Always lots of good show and tell...

And this month our program was a bit different.  We played Quilter's Bingo!  I got the idea from a Fons and Porter magazine about 5 years ago!  I had clipped out the pages and put them in my guild file..not quite forgotten but not urgent.  However it was "on-hand" when the group started to look for a quick program this month!

Basically each person makes their own bingo card only it used color and fabric style instead of letters and numbers.

My friend Tari and I called the cards...for the four games (each having one grand prize and at least one second prize.  Our last game had two grand prizes!  Anyway, lots of prizes and lots of fun!  At the end of the game the players tuned in their "cards" and the cards will be sewn together to make quilts for the local Ronald McDonald House!  We have enough to make at least 4 quilts!

Since I didn't get to play (I was calling numbers) one of the guild members shared this find from a yard sale with me...

my quilting rack was broken during our last move and I hadn't gotten around to replacing it!  The hoop without the stand just wasn't working well for me...now I have no excuse!

9 comments:

Janet O. said...

I love what you are doing with the blocks after the game! Great idea!

Karendianne said...

Fun post and with a puppy I know you ARE busy! Bingo is a great idea like this. Sio, you look great. Beautiful, bright, happy and healthy. *kd.

Tonya Ricucci said...

you and Watson both look so cute!

Sherrill said...

The puppy is so cute!! And the game sounds like a great idea with parts for donation quilts as a bonus. YAY!

Jan said...

Winston is adorable! So happy you found him, and the Q-Snap. I'm with you in that I don't like quilting in a hoop.

Vic in NH said...

I love that quilter's bingo idea! And Watson is adorable. Just don't let him chew on the edges of quilts like my puppy did years ago, LOL!

Judy in Michigan said...

Nice idea about Bingo and the resulting charity quilts! Your puppy is so cute and so are you!!!

Impera Magna said...

What a great idea for a program AND having blocks for donation quilt too! Fab...

Glad you "won" the quilting frame you need...

:)


Sharon said...

Great idea for the game. I plan to share this idea with my quilting friends.