Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Bits and bobs...

I noticed there were lots of photos in my "for blog" file that just never made it into a post...hence my title - "bits and bobs."  (One of those British expressions that I love!)
A new cork board for my sewing room and a block I've been playing with...

My quilting buddies celebrated my birthday a few weeks late...I had a birth-month this year!
220 charm squares in a bowl!

Each of them cut 55 6-1/2 inch blocks for me!  I have quite a pile now!

My sister Mary Ellen sent me this precious wall hanging for my new sewing room...

and her husband Dave turned this bowl out of Maple.

 They also sent hot-dog rolls...the New England kind!  (flat on each side...)

Still working on my dragonfly "portraits"...

I may have to break down and get the baking pan from King Arthur Flour so I can just bake my own...for whatever reason you can't find this kind here in the South and lobster or chicken salad rolls just aren't the same if the roll isn't buttered and grilled!  Now I'm hungry!  

4 comments:

kelley said...

I love those rolls too...lucky we have them here! I don't even bake anymore and want everything from the King Arthur catalogue...

Gypsy Quilter said...

Dolly and I would like to wish you a very happy Birthday! How fun to get fabric on your special day. Happy sewing.

Loris said...

Happy Belated Birthday :-)
what a great idea for a gift!

Janet O. said...

I really like that block you are playing with on your board.
That is a fun gift idea for a quilter. What great variety for a scrap quilt that will provide!
The first time I went to New England I was surprised to see that type of roll. A couple of years ago I went to the King Arthur store at their Vermont headquarters. Being a serious home baker (before the Celiac Disease diagnosis this year), that was as fun as a quilt shop for me.
Love the dragonfly photo. Those shimmery creatures are so fascinating.