Saturday, August 08, 2015

It is still summer...

I know I fell off the blog radar again.  Let's just say the hot weather this summer is kicking my you-know-what...

So I'm spending this hot Saturday picking paper off the back of my guild's next donation quilt.  Money raised from this quilt goes to Camp Rainbow, a camp for children with cancer.

About 30 guild members worked on the quilt.  Thursday my friend Tari and I made the last push to get the rows sewn together.  Phew.  The top needs to be ready for the long-arm quilter on Monday so it can go to another member to be bound because it has to be ready for our show in November...ya, there's a deadline.

My garden has been neglected badly this year.  Amazingly I am getting more tomatoes and basil than I ever have when I actually worked at it!

I also have a mystery squash growing down near the compost pile.  Bonus!

Watson does love it when I come out into his yard...not happening a lot!

That is all for now...need to get some more paper picking done...then maybe I can move on to binding a quilt of my own!

9 comments:

Loris said...

Beautiful work from your group! The color is wonderful!
Hope autumn arrives sooner than usual 🙏

Tonya Ricucci said...

Fingers crossed for cool weather!

Butterfly George said...

My mom used to have the same issues with the heat too. Hope it cools where you are soon. So glad you are still blogging......missed you. G.

AnnieO said...

Gorgeous quilt! I don't garden but have had mystery plants appear here too--the best was a volunteer pumpkin. Hope your indoor confinement has included lots of time in your new studio!

Janet O. said...

There is a lot of paper to pick off of a quilt like that, but it sure is a beauty!
My daughter is having a bad MS flare, too. Heading out to spend a week helping her.
Oh, I am glad you shared your newly discovered gardening secret. In future years I will ignore the plants that give me grief and see if they do well for a change. : )

Judy in Michigan said...

So happy to hear from you - figured the heat had got you down. The quilt is a beauty!! Good job everyone!!!

Purple Pam said...

What a beautiful quilt. I know it will earn lots of $ for Camp Rainbow.

Torry said...

I found your blog by hitting the "next blog" button and really enjoyed reading your posts, so I went back to the beginning and was reading in 2006 when your bookcase went down. You said something that made me think that you might have served in the Army. Am I reading that correctly? I served in the Army and always enjoy hearing about/ from others who also served.

Lindah said...

So glad there is some relief from the MS!
Dobby knows a good quilt when he sees one. Enjoy finishing up your show quilts --but don't push too hard. Looking forward to seeing what you're working on.