Thursday, December 03, 2015

Post Thanksgiving Notes

I successfully avoided shopping on Thanksgiving...I only succumbed to a quick visit to a Hancocks on Friday to pick up a new large cutting mat (50% off.)  I even stayed away from shopping on Saturday...

However today, Cyber Monday, I admit to buying some of my favorite hand lotion on line, got some deals at Missouri Quilts (3 Aurifil threads for less than $10!) and a Sinatra book for my husband.

I did get out to do a bit of walking around the Canal this weekend.  My goal is to walk there three times a week.  It has a half mile loop...

There are three projects that I have deadlines on...

first this small wool and button project.  My woolie group is having an exhibit in January.  This is tough for me as I give away most of my finished items.

second is this little Christmas pillow (mine is the large one in the back with borders.)  It would be nice to be able to put it out on the couch before the 25th of this year!  My Wednesday stitching group did this as a day project.

and finally, the Elephant and me baby quilt for my nephew and his wife who are expecting in January.  The piecing on this quilt went quickly...the applique not so much.  Large applique pieces are tougher for me than small ones!

When I finish these I have another baby quilt for another nephew and his wife who are due in March!  Maybe I should start making some to keep on hand...

3 comments:

Janet O. said...

Not being much of a shopper, I avoided stores until Saturday, and then it was to buy a gift for a wedding shower. Did pick up a couple of gifts on Cyber Monday.

What a beautiful place to walk!

Great little wool projects. Especially love the Fall colored one.

Me and My Stitches said...

Shopping from home in my jammies is the only way I like to shop! Unless it's for quilty stuff, then I don't mind it! Love your 3 projects - I always think that I will keep some quilts on hand for gifts, but it doesn't seem to happen!

Unknown said...

I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. Marl or Siro Melange