These fabrics don't look like they belong in my stash...
well, they aren't mine. I'm finishing a quilt for a friend who passed away a couple months ago. The top is complete. Luckily she told another friend that she wanted to piece a strip of these blocks up the back...so I'm piecing the back today.
It is fun to work outside my comfort zone and since it is scrappy I'm happy.
My other "not-me" project is my guild's donation quilt. We are making the Kaffe Fassett Anniversary quilt with the jars and bowls. It was a kit. Anytime you have a wide variety of folks stitching on one project putting the blocks together is an adventure. Generally we cut the applique backing pieces really large so we can trim down. With a kit there wasn't that option. Luckily there is only a 1/2 variance on both width and height so we will only need to trim a smidge...an activity best done with only one of two quilters and a very large pot of tea.
Funny story on this project. A block was turned in as finished. When I was pressing the blocks I noticed a needle still in the block. When I pulled the needle I noticed there was thread still attached. Then I noticed about 2 inches of the pot wasn't stitched down yet! Yup...group projects...there is always something....
And while I am concentrating on the two projects above I am making some progress on the liberated leader and ender scrap reduction project.
Also sewed up 5 backings for tops that need to be quilted before the show in November...yikes!