Sunday, August 13, 2017

In the sewing room...

So much is stressful right now...Korea...Virginia...my move...falling!  I know they aren't all equal but they are all keeping me awake at night!

So I am spending more time in my sewing room.

When Goldie, my 17 year old cat, gives me a bit of space.
small quilt I machine quilted...still have quite a learning curve but getting there!
I am making miles of binding...have 4 quilts to bind for our show in November and three wallhangings that need binding for the silent auction.  Wouldn't it be nice if they all just used the same fabric?!  Never works that way..

Just a few more feet of binding and the Picasso in Paris quilt will be ready for my sister.  This is a Bonnie Hunter pattern from her website.  I took her scrappy trip around the world blocks and put them on point.

I am really happy with the stripe I used for binding!

My biggest "finish" is my Baltimore Applique leftover top!  I started this 25 years ago...vintage before it is even quilted.  I was happy to find I had enough of the background fabric to piece a back for the quilt.  A friend is going to hand quilt this one for me.

So perhaps a few more quilts and a couple more days of limiting the number of  hours I listen to the news and I'll be back packing up the house again...until then I'm hiding in the quilt studio....

9 comments:

Sally Langston Warren said...

Your Scrappy Trip quilt is gorgeous! I just love the colors. I think the blues really make the other colors come alive!

AnnieO said...

It's much more soothing to play with fabric and thread than listen to the news and pack, I agree ! Hope it all goes smoothly.

Chantal said...

Love Picasso in Paris. It is awesome. I was wondering how you did the blocks or where the blocks start and finish. I understand now. Putting Bonnie's block on point is a great idea. Thanks for the inspiration. Hope that all goes well for you. ;^)

Sherrill said...

Sounds like a great place to hide (especially when faced with a move..UGH). LOVE the Picasso. Good luck with all the craziness!

Gypsy Quilter said...

I don't blame you one bit. After yard work, Dolly and I do the same. Really love that bright and scrappy quilt!

Janet O. said...

Listen to an audiobook instead!
Your time of refuge in the sewing room has produced some lovely work. Not such a bad thing to "hide" for a bit. We all need a break from the stress--whether it is personal, or national!

Unknown said...

I'm with you - too much bad news in the world.
congrats on the finish of your album quilt.

beth s said...

That picasso in Paris is so wonderful!!

Judy in Michigan said...

January 19
Where are you? I am so worried about you. Hope the Florida move didn't do you in. Miss you.