Sunday, May 30, 2010

On the border

Not an international border...quilt borders!

I have several quilts that just need that one last piece of the quilting puzzle to move in to "flimsy" or quilt-top stage. This week I got two of them onto hangers with a back to boot! Now I just have to get some thread and batting and I can have real quilts!
I love the feeling of matching up a top with a backing. I pre-pieced some backs and have them piled in a large laundry basket on top of a cabinet in my sewing room. I pretty much can always find something in there that will work. Once matched they are hung in the closet in my sewing room and wait their turn on either the machine or the hand quilting frame.
Since both of these quilts are for the Quilts of Valor project they will be machine quilted. A good project for Memorial Day Weekend....

9 comments:

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

Beautiful scrappy quilts!!

Tammy said...

Just beautiful!!

Lori said...

doesn't it feel good when the borders are on and the backs are ready???

Janet said...

I love scrappy quilts, these are great. You're so organised to have the backs ready to go.

antique quilter said...

I like making the backs of the quilts when I finish them as well. VEry nice of you to donate both of them to such a wonderful cause, thanks.

Kathie

*karendianne. said...

Oh Sio! Love these. Scrappy but scrappy fun. Looking at these blocks they scream "fun" as if you were truly having a good time making them. That vibe really comes thru.

Gosh what a happy post to wake up to. You made my day. Surely we're all good from here on out. Later... *karendianne.

Tonya Ricucci said...

excellent! I have several tops that I need to make backings for. sigh. I hate that part of the job. I can see how getting it done in advance is so helpful, but I make quilts of so many different sizes...

sewkalico said...

Well done Sio. 2 tops is wonderful news!!! They look great!

Beth J said...

I absolutely love the strippy squares, there is such movement!