Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Unpacking from Knoxville....


I ended my last post on the Knoxville show with a teaser - the vendors at the show were really good and yes, I contributed to the economic stimulus....

My general rule at shows is to limit my spending to items that I can't get locally. Somehow that didn't limit much at this show.Have you noticed how things seems to go in cycles at shows. A few years ago you would find lots of bead and embellishment vendors. Now not so much. This show had a good mix of vendors. There were however a lot of thread...lots of different threads in every color you could imagine. And I was impressed at how much the vendors knew about thread...there is a lot more to it than does that thread color match my fabric! So I brought home several different types to try out...all an adventure!
I was good about limiting my fabric purchases but could not resist the bags of Cherrywood fabric shown in the photo above there were on sale along with some already made blocks! How cool are these...I played with them for a bit the past couple of days and may have a plan...think these blocks with the additional fabric as influenced by the day long class I had with Gwen Marston....(whoops...another teaser...and to think I hated writing those as a TV news producer! Now - I can't help myself!!!)I also bought some hangers for little quilts...I have a little coffee cup quilt-lete that will be perfect on the coffee hanger. The witches hat was just too fun to leave...I'll have to figure out something for it!
I've had some eye problems the past few days...luckily it hit after the show! But it has put sewing on the sideline for a few more days. This is how far I got with the liberated class project.
I will pick it up later this week and get the top done...

9 comments:

Marj said...

I'm impressed, it looks like you found a lot of goodies. It will be fun to see what you do with the Cherrywood fabric and blocks that you brought home.

sewprimitive karen said...

Just look at that sweet baby cat. Don't you love the Cherrywood fabrics?? Your class project looks great. Hope your eyes settle down very soon.

Tonya Ricucci said...

those Cherrywoods are gorgeous and what a deal. woohoo. glad you made it home safely before eye problems struck but boo hiss to them. love that witch's hat hanger - very fun.

pajudie said...

Looks like you got some good bargains at the show - love the blocks!! What a find!! And the little quilt hangers are precious - I could use a couple of those. I'm going up to "Quilt Odyssey" this weekend in Hershey, PA. Will have to see if I can get some good deals, too, and I'm sure I'll be helping out the economy :o)
Judie

*karendianne. said...

Mmmm, those projects you're working on look really neat! The blocks are beyond scrumptious and oh my gosh but friend those sweet hangers - too cute! My best to Goldie.

*karendianne. said...

Mmmm, those projects you're working on look really neat! The blocks are beyond scrumptious and oh my gosh but friend those sweet hangers - too cute! My best to Goldie.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh wonderful, wonderful purchases! How small is the witches hat hanger? I may have just the pattern!

Purple Pam said...

Great churn dash blocks. It appears you had a good time with the vendors.

Mary Johnson said...

Wow, the blocks with the fabrics were a great find! I love those little quilt hangers too but the few times i've seen them I didn't buy any. Next time I will.