My superbowl tradition is to do lots and lots of sewing on Superbowl Sunday. Basically I offset my DH's not-so-quiet but uninterrupted-by-me time in front of the TV tonight with some uninterrupted-by-anyone time in front of my sewing-machine.
I finished this weeks Civil War Block of the Week from Barbara Brackman's blog. Notice this was the first project I worked on this morning...not enough coffee. I didn't notice the whoops until I went to take its photo. And no, I am not redoing it!
With the left-overs I made a variation on the Richmond block. (once again, I was cutting out the block on only one cup of coffee so I cut out almost enough pieces to make two blocks - there is a direct correlation between caffeine consumption and math skills.) Besides I know I will want to make a bed size quilt out of these and so will need some extras.
These quick blocks are a nice break from working on my RRCB...I only have a few more hst to make before I can focus on putting the blocks together...all I can say at this point is there are a lot of bits and pieces to this quilt and I can only hope that all of them are in the box.....