Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Back but not unpacked....

New York Wedding Cake
You know your vacation is over when you spend the day doing laundry, cleaning out the refrigerator, and disassembling the empty pizza box monument you husband built in the garage....So this will be a short post...the weddings were wonderful, the weather cool, and the food, well, I will not be posting any photos of me anytime soon! (However I am going to try and make some "savory lasagna cupcakes" that we had at one of the receptions - they were wonderful!)

"Cape Cod" Wedding Cake...

After checking into the hotel in Hyannis for the first wedding I went in search of a quilt shop a blogger had put me on to...of course I left the name right next to my computer back in Georgia but that was no problem. The shop ended up being right across the parking lot from the hotel!
It is a really nice shop. Lots of fabrics, nice samples, and a great stock of notions. The only down side was the four bolts of Halloween fabric that I fell in love with that were already sold...sigh....not that I needed more Halloween fabric but just the same...




11 comments:

Betty Lou said...

Welcome Home! Good planning a quilt shop right across the street. Who's you travel agent?

Dawn said...

The lasagne cupcakes sound good. The wedding cakes are very pretty - I always like to see wedding decorations.
Looks like you had a nice trip, with a little quilt shopping too.

Janet O. said...

Interested in the cupcakes. Can you share the recipe?
How nice that they put a quilt shop so near your hotel. : ) Welcome home!

Clare said...

Those cakes are gorgeous!

Glad you had a good trip.

Impera Magna said...

Glad you're home safely and had a good time at all those weddings! And what could be better than a quilt shop right across from your hotel? Sounds like a perfect location to me!

*lol* ...at the mtn of pizza boxes constructed by DH in the garage!

cityquilter grace said...

i've met helen weinman but never been to the shop...worth the trip? i've heard from others it is. great vaca photos but the cape is beautiful anyway...sat on race point beach and it's awesome, ocean all around!

Purple Pam said...

Glad you are back from your trip. Too bad about missing out on that Halloween fabric!

Gail said...

I've been by the quilt shop many times on my trips back from Truro. It sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

I've STAYED in that hotel! LOL!!!! We need to start leaving "Bonnie was here" "Sio was here" placards wherever we stay :c) This was years ago when DH worked for Ore Ida, but I loved that shop, that whole area!

I also cleaned my fridge tuesday..just couldn't take it anymore ;c)

Bonnie

Tonya Ricucci said...

ooh, good location for a quilt shop! sigh, I'm dreaming of more Halloween fabric too. It's a disease.

*karendianne. said...

Well welcome home! You were missed. :) Thanks for sharing the pretty cakes with us.