Sunday, December 11, 2011

Keeping up...


Didn't think I could do it but I finished step three of Bonnie's mystery just in the nick of time. Step four went up Friday! She wrote that she is trying to make the steps in this mystery more do-able for the average mortal quilter....phew! Now we are using red strings...ah, red. I did have to move my FW into the kitchen to get better light. Do love sewing by the kitchen window...

I tore off the paper backings while watching the debates last night...had to re-sew a few of the seams. Note to self - do not tear off paper-piecing while yelling at the TV. Between all the seams and the bias these blocks do feel a bit flimsy. I spritzed them with some sizing before trimming but still plan to keep them in the box until they are sewn together so they are handled as little as possible.


A little quilt arrived from Anne Hermes...

it went right up on the wall next to the Patriotic one made by Tonya. Just like I keep some red and green quilts up all year I also keep up some Patriotic ones!

Now back to my pet-slave duties. Macbeth had a bath last night and need to be brushed and the girls need their back paw nails trimmed...

11 comments:

Impera Magna said...

Yea! ...for keeping up with Bonnie's mystery quilt-along! You're doing great!

Me and My Stitches said...

Way to keep up on the mystery quilt! I haven't started it yet:( But, I'm printing out the instructions and hope to get to it after Christmas.

Wonky Girl said...

Bless ya on that keeping up thing. I'm not good at it at all! LOL

pcflamingo said...

Way to go, keeping up on Orca Bay! I had to put it aside after Step 2 to finish up on some Christmas presents. This is torture, not being able to work on it!

Tonya Ricucci said...

wooh, look at you sew!!!! I'd completely forgotten I made that little quilt...

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

Love your red strings!! You've got some really fun stuff in there! :cD

I should have sent you some Maryland crabs ;c)

Bonnie

Loris said...

Strong work keeping up with Bonnie's mystery. The blocks look wonderful!
Love to the felines :-)

Clare said...

Like the red strings, but as you know I'm a sucker for those.

Your FW looks a lot like my Singer 1425 did a few weeks ago. Surrounded!

Janet O. said...

Look at you go!
Cute little quilts.
Boy, the kitties have you trained!

Gypsy Quilter said...

Can I drop Dolly off for her bath . . . She's such a tiny thing it won't take you any time at all, LOL.

Love those strings. You're going to have a bright, happy quilt.

sewkalico said...

Wish I could get started, never mind keeping up!! Love your new blog header!