Sunday, March 03, 2013

Quiltshow Roadtrip

Visited a quilt show near Athens, Georgia yesterday.  Funny how many quilters from my guild I ran into there!

It was interesting to see a quilt in the show that used the same Piece of Cake pattern that we are using for our donation quilt.  They couldn't look more different!

 The one in the show is done on a white background with a vine border while ours is on a pieced gray background with a half flower border...

or at least will be once it is finished!

I did a fair amount of damage at the vendors...mainly things I needed that aren't available around my home like Jeanna Kimble straw needles that I like to use for applique, some bright wools from Shaker Woolens, and a layer cake of the new Moda Indigo!  I also got a couple thumb thimbles from School House Quilts.  I had been using the same one for years and a couple weeks ago it went missing...I'm thinking one of the cats made off with it!
(had to include this block...it was in a quilt that had blocks with all wild animals titled "what doesn't belong in a zoo"....very fun!)

5 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Lots of fun things. Thanks for sharing.

Loris said...

Sweet quilts! Love the armadillo!

Janet O. said...

Wow--that is a wide difference between quilts. Which way does the pattern depict it?

Purple Pam said...

Cannot wait to see your Piece O Cake quilt.

sewkalico said...

Loved seeing the two from the same pattern. Cute Scotty block!