Thursday, July 25, 2013
Dancing 9's top finished!
Finished the Bonnie Hunter "Dancing 9's" top today. (Only started it last week!) This is a fun quilt. Once the 9-patches are made the rest goes together so quickly!
I used up a lot of scraps and 2-inch squares left over from recent projects like the donation quilt, Carnival Corn and Bermuda Seaglass. I added two more row of the 9-patch so mine measures a bit longer than the pattern (65x55.) Also, I used a variety of gray fabrics for the "sashing" to make it even scrappier. (the top hasn't had its final pressing yet and having a cat hiding underneath makes it look much wonkier than it is in real life!)
Think it is finally time to clear the cutting table and get any left overs back on the shelves for awhile.
I also tried some blocks using a 5 inch square instead of the 9-patches. Would make for a quick quilt and works with larger prints really well. Decided not to use them in the quilt but am going to sew them up for a table-runner/dresser scarf to go with the quilt.
Heat has finally settled in to Georgia...looks like I'll get a lot of sewing done the next couple of weeks! Too hot to go outside!