Monday, October 07, 2013

Quilt show turn-in tonight....

I spent a good part of this past weekend prepping quilts for my guild show this week.
                                                          Ribbon Candy (aka Bonnie Hunter Smith Mountain)
This involved taken each one out and hanging it on the quilt rack to check for any threads or cat hairs.

Sewing on the quilt show label/card.

And sewing a card on the pillowcase and making sure I put the right quilt into the right case.  (Best done one at a time....)  Now repeat 12 times...

I only have a couple quilts being judged but I have several in the "Bonnie Hunter Inspired Quilts" Display....we will have over 25 BH quilts! (Over 200 quilts in the show) It will be fun to see them all on display.  Bonnie was a member of our guild when she lived in South Carolina and it is interesting to see all the quilts and quilters she inspired.  We have everything from quilts based on her website patterns, quilts based on her book patterns, a quilt started during a Bonnie cruise, several Bonnie mystery quilts, and one from her magazine column (if the binding is finished on time..no, I'm not the only one scrambling!)

11 comments:

regan said...

I LOVE that Ribbon Candy quilt! Awesome! And what a show that will be with so many Bonnie quilts! Every time I'm at a show, as I walk down the rows of quilts, I'm always saying, "That's a Bonnie. Another Bonnie. Yep, that's a Bonnie!" There are always at least a dozen! She's such an amazing influence on our little quilty world! Go Bonnie! LOL

Looking forward to pics of the 'Bonnie Gallery'! :o)

Marj said...

I am looking forward to seeing your quilts. Good luck in the ribbon department.

Diane-crewe said...

good luck x will keep my fingers crossed for you x

Tonya Ricucci said...

so much work but they're going to look fabulous in the show.

Impera Magna said...

I too love your Ribbon Candy quilt...

It may be after I retire but I'm going to make it to your quild quilt show someday!

:)

Janet O. said...

Ribbon Candy just makes me happy!!
It would be fun to see all the Bonnie quilts. I hope you will share photos.
Good luck to you on the quilts being judged!

pcflamingo said...

Ribbon Candy makes me want to sing Big Rock Candy Mountain every time I see it! It is SO SO SO beautiful! That is just awesome that you have so many Bonnie-inspired quilts in your show and I hope you share that little nugget with Miss Bonnie. She'll be tickled.

I got to check off something on my bucket list and take TWO classes from Bonnie in March in Portland, OR and she is just the most down-to-earth ordinary girlfriend next door person you'd ever want to meet.

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

OH I hope you share lots of eye candy after the show!!!!

Donna said...

I can't wait to see all these quilts. It will be the highlight of my week.
Donna in McCormick

sewkalico said...

I sure it's going to be a fabulous show - all the very best for it success!!

Judy in Michigan said...

Best wishes for your quilts and for the entire show. Sounds wonderful!! Take pictures of all your quilts for us and enjoy the weekend!!