Friday, October 24, 2014

New Mexico Roadtrip

Just came back from a great trip out to New Mexico!  It has been awhile since I've been out there to visit my sister and her family.  Amazing how fast the kids have grown (they are driving cars and at university!  how did that happen?!)  Anyway, autumn is my favorite time to visit New Mexico...partly due to weather and partly because of chili harvest!

The colors out in the southwest just seem so much more intense.  Even when the skies were overcast. 

Loads of both color and pattern inspiration all around!  Like these windows in the old railyard building in Albuquerque where they hold an art and farmers market on Sundays.

Or these tiled stars leading to a restaurant in Santa Fe.
and these tiles...hexies below the watchful dog and colorful tiles on the walls!

Visited a wonderful quilt shop in Corralles called "Quilt Ole."  Great selection of fabrics, notions, patterns, and staffed by some really nice folks.  (and if you go there make sure you stop at Hannah's for lunch and get their cranberry bread pudding for dessert!  amazing!)

5 comments:

Janet O. said...

Haven't been to New Mexico in such a long time! I think I was a teenager when my aunt and uncle lived there and I last visited. You are wise to choose Fall to visit. So much more pleasant. : )
It is a colorful place, isn't it?

Tonya Ricucci said...

wonderful!

Donna Keating said...

Northern NM is my favorite place in the world

AnnieO said...

It's been a couple decades for me too! Love the amazing clear vistas in the southwest. My cousin lives at the base of the Sandia Mountains in Albuquerque and had great views. Thanks for sharing your trip pics!

The Civil War Quilter said...

Never been there, but it sounds wonderful. Glad you had a nice visit with your family!