Tuesday, January 27, 2015

A sympathy snow day...

I've been watching the snow storm coverage for the past couple days and in an odd way I miss snow!
storm of 2007...
I grew up in Boston and remember the big storm on the late 70's.  This isn't quite that but a big one none-the-less.  One of my favorite towns, Scituate, has had bad coastal flooding.
Scituate Lighthouse 2012
So in sympathy I am spending the day quilting (that is my excuse and I'm sticking to it!)  Yesterday I made a big pot of stew, some cheese sticks, and brownies.  If it did snow here in Georgia we'd be ready!
Scituate, winter 2007
Carline left a comment asking what the quilt pattern is on the postcard in my last post.  Since her comment is a "no reply/no comment" I'll answer it here...the pattern is Pineapple Blossom by Bonnie Hunter.
B. Bredland, Christmas Pineapple, October 2013
It is a free pattern on her website, Quiltville.com  The quilt was made by Barbara Breland and won a ribbon from the local Art Association at our 2013 show.  (Bonnie ok'd our using the image on the postcard.)

Today I will work on my Ocean waves quilt and perhaps catch on on Downton Abbey while doing some hand quilting on my Charleston Baskets...


5 comments:

Janet O. said...

Love your title. And it does sound like you cooked for a snow day! : )

Karen said...

I'd like to know more about the quilt you are holding in your picture on the sidebar. It used to be your header and I love it. We have enough snow (3-5 inches)but are luckily not in the path of the blizzard this time.

Taryn said...

I would love to have a snow day - sympathy or real! We got a couple of hours extra sleep this morning but I had to go to work instead of using the burst of energy sewing. I love the pictures you included on this post.

Ali Honey said...

Great lighthouse!

Bonnie said...

My what hindsight does when reading blogs. I bet you are really happy you are in Georgia now! Boston and the NE have really been walloped and it doesn't sound like it is over yet. Lots of wonderful eye candy on these posts.