Tuesday, November 10, 2015

What Terriers do...

Amazing how much one week of quilt show activities can wear you out!

Still in recovery mode...of course Watson's adventure this morning didn't help!  He and Jake the dog next door have been barking for months.  With all the rain the past week the ground was ripe for a tunneling under the fence...because that is what Terriers do...

To make a long story short...Dobby came into the quilt room in a huff...I heard the barking...tried to call Watson back but Jake couldn't decide if he wanted to play with Watson or eat Watson.  Either way he wouldn't let Watson near the fence.  So I had to go in...both dogs are ok but I'm a bit banged/bitten up.  Yikes.

That and a totally muddy bathroom from both Watson and I trying to clean-up...what a day.

When this all happened I was trying to put away my new Quilt Show acquisitions!  I bought a lot of threads, wools, and even a couple of holiday kits.  One vendor had fatquarters 20 for $25!  What a deal!  And since we don't have a local shop carrying wools I always stock up at Shakerwood Woolens and Auntie Ju's.   The stitched golf ball is from Garage Art...will make something for my husband with that!
Pieced and Appliqued, pattern from Collector with a needle

some more photos from the show...
From left to right, Best Hand quilting, Judges Choice, and Best of show...

My friend Shannon made this for her husband...


and also this one above from Piece of Cake that she appliqued got a first place ribbon!

and of course we had a lot of kaffe...

8 comments:

Sherrill said...

Oh NO! You came out the loser in the dog kerfuffle? That's not good but glad Watson's OK. I LOVE the eagle and flags quilt. Beautiful! Hopefully the dogs will stay outta trouble!

Gypsy Quilter said...

Oh my goodness, dueling dogs. Been there, done that. No fun. Hope you heal fast and hubs puts some rocks down along fence edge. Quilt show must have been a real winner. Thank you for sharing.

Tonya Ricucci said...

beautiful quilts. man, i would never have picked those out as fabrics you'd choose but then again, amazing deal so you get what's available....

Janet O. said...

My goodness, second post I've read this week about dog bites!
Hope you are okay.
Looks like you had lots of fun at the quilt show.
Always enjoy seeing the quilts. : )

Dawn said...

Sorry to hear about the dogs. Hope you didn't get it too badly.
Love the quilt show pictures!

Katie, Julep and Derby's Mom said...

Terriers are a breed of there own! Am glad everything turned out semi-ok with the dogs. Are you a member of my Facebook group called WESTIES HEALTH -- FROM EARS TO TAIL? We are always available should you have any questions and the MASTER INDEX OF DOCUMENTS has a wealth of info.

All the best, Katie Wyatt

Purple Pam said...

Glad you and Watson are okay. Sorry about the dog bites. Thanks for sharing all the photos of those beautiful quilts.

Unknown said...

I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. Poly Viscose Melange