Friday, February 10, 2017

Almost Modern!

A few weeks ago I posted about the bag of vintage quilts I found.

In the bag was this hst quilt.  I loved the mix of prints and solids.  So when I broke my finger and had to spend the last couple of weeks with my left hand all taped together I started working on a quilt inspired by the Vintage - almost modern.

It was a fun quilt to make.  I used 4-inch strips so my hst finished at 3-1/2.  I think if I made one again I would use 5 inch strips but as I wanted a smaller quilt the size I used is ok.

I didn't want to match up the fabrics exactly but to get the same "vibe" as the original quilt.  I did use a couple of vintage fabrics in my quilt just to see who could find them!

All fabric except for the border came from my stash.  All have made previous appearances in other quilts!  I love picking up a piece of fabric that has memories...

It will be awhile before I can quilt this.  Just got word from the doctor that my pinky isn't healing as well as expected...they may put a cast on it Monday!  duh...he wants me to really not use my left hand over the weekend...so much so the sewing room!  The real culprit I believe is the heavy book I was reading...made my hand hurt!

9 comments:

AnnieO said...

Wonderful interpretation of the antique! Hope your finger heals soon.

Chantal said...

Love the quilt the first time you showed it to us and I still do. Your rendition is also very beautiful and I love it too. You put that book down and listen to the nice doctor. Pinkies are important too. Be nice to yourself. Hope all get back to normal real soon. ;^)

Janet O. said...

Nice job. I really like the outcome.
Certainly blame the problem on a book. Couldn't be the quilting! : )

Rebecca said...

Audio books while your not!!! using your left hand as you quilt...Right that is going to fix the problem. lol

Gypsy Quilter said...

Great job! Your poor hand. Please take care.

Candace said...

I love your rendition of that vintage quilt. Good luck with the healing!

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

I might just have to make a HST quilt. Love it! Thanks for sharing.
Can't imagine what I would do if I had hand problems. Praying for healing.

Elaine Adair said...

It's a lovely project - modern or not, very pretty. cheerful, happy, clean and clear.

Elaine Adair

giaonhanquocte said...

Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

An Thái Sơn với website anthaison.vn chuyên sản phẩm máy đưa võng hay máy đưa võng tự động tốt cho bé là địa chỉ bán máy đưa võng giá rẻ tại TP.HCM và giúp bạn tìm máy đưa võng loại nào tốt hiện nay.