Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Have to finish something!


Today I decided to sit at the sewing machine and sew for a bit.

 All this folding, organizing and packing was just wearing me out!

Also I was afraid that if I pack up this leader and ender project from two years ago that it would never be sewn together!  So after several hours I almost have a top!

Did go through some more boxes that leaves me shaking my head...

like this almost quilt top made from leftover/orphan blocks from my Baltimore Album quilt.  I think I took that class in 1993!  I think I'm going for a personal record with this....

Found boxes of 4-patches in reproduction fabric...

two patches in brights

and even the blocks from a Bonnie Hunter Mystery (this is only about 10 years old so not ready to finish yet!)


7 comments:

Connie said...

Owning 10-yr (or more) UFOs, I don't feel so badly now, knowing that you have one as well. I doubt mine will ever get completed. And it worries me not.

Janet O. said...

I feel your pain. I think my oldest UFO is 20 years old and then they fall everywhere in between then and now. You've made some nice discoveries. : )

Mary Johnson said...

I'm always amazed at what I find in my sewing room during a move!

Cathy said...

I need to clean my sewing room too. I know I've got some really old UFO's hidden in my room. Hugs

Sue SA said...

Annoying I know when your packing to find all this UFO's but consider them treasures! Then rate them, your treasures or another quilters and decide to keep and pack or to gift? I am sure there are plenty of fellow quilters happy to take some orphan blocks or a quilt top. Then again, they might just want your scraps and you can pack more UFO's to finish when you arrive!

Quilter Kathy said...

I totally know how this goes!!! The UFO closets are scary places to visit!

Feathers in my Nest said...

I just took the same Wip out to work on as L/E!! Love those Lozenges.