Saturday, April 29, 2006

favorite crusties




On Lazy Gal Quilting Tonya mentioned Rachel, one of our friends who refused to get involved in blogs, so i decided to post the coffe cup "crusties" they made for me. Neither of them saw the others in advance so either they are a lot a like or they both see me the same! I am amazed how well the two crusties look hanging together in my hallway!

Hanging with them is a postcard made by Margaret Hunt of South Carolina. She does really fun work. I am so not a high heel person but I got this a week after I had to clean my closet out of all non-doctor approved shoes. (read this as anything remotely fun, cute, stylish and leaving only shoes worn by blue haired ladies pushing walkers.)

I don't do much embellishment or "art quilts" myself though I like them. I am more traditional with an occasional trip into brights and batiks. This weekend I am going through my quilt tops and almost finished so will post some of those before they go into the packing boxes!

4 comments:

Judy said...

Okay, I may be new but WHAT are crusties? Are they called that because they are covered in beads and are "crusty" in a way? Are they like the postcard quilt things?

Whatever they are, they are cute!

Tonya Ricucci said...

Ah, but to know you is to know of your coffee addiction.

I'm glad you have the crusties and postcard up where you can enjoy them (and hopefully not make hubby too crazy).

Finn said...

Love the crusties...very, very nice rememberances. Both gals do really great work!

Cher said...

:-) love those crusties! the perfect quilty reminder of good quilt buddies. what a fun workshop you did...