Thursday, February 12, 2009

Double delight getting closer....


Ohhhh so close to being done! I just have to square up my double delight and put on the borders...this quilt is fun. Once the blocks are done the rest goes together pretty quickly. I used enough fabrics that there was no problem with it becoming too match-y. I love the purples in this quilt!

And hold on....

Another quilt top finished! This ended up being small enough that I could get the borders on. I went with two greens on the border and used up some scraps in the corner pinwheels. Now I just need a name for this one.

I actually had something to show when I went to my local guild this morning. One of our members did a presentation on Crazy quilting. She does nice work. I particularly like the one she is working on right now...all creams and blacks. She coffee dyed the lace for this one. she also put on each of those little pearls by hand...hence the name crazy quilt!

So this is a quilt top in January and one in February! Keep up this pace and I could be going for a personal finish-it record this year.

10 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

What beautiful quilts. I love the first one. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Karen said...

Love them both! The purple is great and the double green border is perfect.

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

Weeeeeeeeeee! I love your purples!!!

Bonnie

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh your DD is wonderful! And boy is that black and cream crazy quilt gorgeous!

Purple Pam said...

I love the purples in your DD quilt, too. I also like the green in your crumb quilt. That crazy quilting is fabulous. I am afraid it is too time consuming for me even though I think they are absolutely beautiful quilts. I think you are going for a finish record. GO girl GO!

Mary Johnson said...

I love finishing up a top! Almost as much as finishing the quilt.

These are both lovely.

Meredith said...

I really like your color choice on double delight. It is neat to see one in purple.

Nana Time said...

I am a Bonnie Hunter follower and came to your post through her blog. I love your quilts....I'd be hard pressed to say which I love the most!
I'll be checking back regularly to see what else you are up to.

Dionne said...

Your Double Delight is really coming out WONDERFUL!! and that crazy quilt is great, your friend did a lovely job!
Cheers,
Dionne
PS - you won something on my blog, if you get the chance, pop by.

sewkalico said...

I L-O-V-E your Double Delight. My top is now at the same stage as yours, but not photographed as I finished it this morning before I went out (only had one row to sew) and just need to iron it and find something to hang it on :-)

Those purples are scrummy!!!