Monday, February 09, 2009

Playing with Jellyrolls


It has been a quiet weekend. Still feeling a bit weak so I am playing with strips when I really should be putting borders on some almost finished quilts...don't quite have the arm strength right now. The pinwheels in the photo above look black but they are really dark green...I wish I had gone with the orange but I am so not going back now! I'll pick the green up again in the borders...
I did make it to my quilting group this week. It was nice to see the old gang again. This little purse/thread case was made by one of the members. I love it! She felted the wool herself, lined it with Fasset cotton, and then embellished it. She does great work. I do not need to start collecting wools now but then again....

I know I have said it before but it is amazing the things you find when you move. I've been going through some of the little bags and wondering what was I thinking? The photo above is of a project at least 14 years old...I know I am never going to work on it again so I need to let it go!

The news has been crazy this week. I hope all our bloggers in Australia are doing OK with the fires and the bloggers in the UK are staying safe in the snow.

13 comments:

Gypsy Quilter said...

That lil' orange bag is just too cute! Hope you're feeling better soon.

Paula said...

Cute jelly roll blocks!! Can't wait to see it done.

Karen said...

I like your Jelly Roll project. I don't know what to do with the one I have.

Mary Johnson said...

I love the embellishments on the thread case - it gives me some ideas for postcards.

Unknown said...

Funny, I bought a jellyroll last year and could only make little Lavender' sachets, since I have some plants in my garden.
I love your idea of pinwheels. I have just learned a new one... ta
Here in the SW England we are still 'under de weather', but fine. Where I live we had almost 4in of snow.... impressive!

Tonya Ricucci said...

cute orange bag and I bet I know exactly who made it. does her name begin with an R? donate to Linus - someone will have fun playing with those blocks.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Hope you are feeling better soon...at least you are working on something and the trick is to stick to something that is manageable.
Take care.

Darcie said...

That is one of the cutest settings I've seen, using Jelly Rolls! Just darling.

S-weet little wool bag!

Hope you begin feeling more like yourself in the coming days!

*karendianne. said...

Sio, I loveeee those blocks! Amazing. How totally cool. Orange is a favorite color of mine so I really like the the little purse. The maker does amazing work. Neat to know she felted the wool herself. The embellishment is outstanding, too. Great sense of taste.

Quilts And Pieces said...

that is such a cute orange bag! How sweet is that!

Dionne said...

Such cute projects, I really have enjoyed working with Jelly rolls! And I love that last project, at least from the picture, it looks interesting. I'm sure there is a use for it.
I hope you are feeling better soon. Take care of you!
Cheers,
Dionne

sewkalico said...

Your pinwheels look fab. Love the embellishments on the bag and that UFO is very interesting. Hope someone can so something fun with them...

Jeanne said...

What a cute jellyroll pattern! Glad you are feeling a bit better and hope you're good as new very soon.