Sunday, February 01, 2009

There are Gremlins about


Gremlins seem to be having a hay day in my house this weekend. (And these aren't the brown or gold fuzzy type of Gremlins....)

First, somehow while I was making dinner last night I completed the January Shop Hop. Amazing since I wasn't at the computer...I suspect my DH did it. I've been having problems with my eyesight this week and I've grumbling about that d!#$* rabbit enough that he may have taken pity on me. (He may have also realized he could save a lot of money by keeping me away from those quilting web sites! Have you folks seen the Halloween Baltimore album quilt...sooo fun.)

Second, two shelves of very neatly (and recently) folded fabric ended up in the middle of my sewing room floor. Earthquake? Don't think so. Why those two shelves? Gremlins....

And my sewing machine....it will not keep the needle centered! Twice I have broken needles when they have wandered over and hit the foot! If I shut the machine off I never know where the needle will be! I had all these projects to work on today while DH watched the game...now I have to dig out some hand work or put up one of the other machines. Gremlins....How is it we are the only house in town that has Daffodils in the yard? Lots of them! When we walked Mac this morning I didn't see one other flower yet in our area. (even our paperboy commented on it!) Garden Gremlins.....

And in my computer...gremlins. It takes four tries to post a photo. At one point my computer totally froze up. So I run my security software. Nothing. I update my software and then run again...ah, some unknown programs. I delete. Still, no photo-love. So, I refrag my hard-drive...finally my photos are uploading again. I have spent most of my day battling gremlins....

Hopefully I'll have a more quilty post tomorrow...

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Can I have one of your pretty looking gremlins like the innocent looking one on the tray? - She made me smile. Look at her innocent expression. Just give-me a hug she says!
Daffodils... spring is in the air. You have it earlier than us. My daffs still only struggling to pop up out of the ground. A house becomes a home when you have daffs on your front garden. Lovely

*karendianne. said...

Goldie is great to wake to but why do I have the feeling she knows about the Gremlins? I don't know, I just do. And you then, left not believing your own eyes. Definitely Gremlins ~ agreed.

Clare said...

"What shelves? Don't know nuffthink about shelves. Ask Mac."

Don't talk to me about Gremlins in computers. They are driving me mad!

Dionne said...

... and still, those flowers are beautiful! How nice that you have such lovelies poking up their little yellow heads to say hello!
Cheers,
Dionne

Sew Create It - Jane said...

ooh - sounds like you do have gremlins. Hope it gets better.
As for the daffodils I reckon you've taken the mild spring weather of the UK with you...have you seen the snow we are getting!! 10" in places!

sewkalico said...

Spookie ;-)

Elaine Adair said...

A flower, a flower -- hooray -- hope springs eternal!!!! All we have is muddy snow, slush, muck, yuck! 8-(

The Calico Cat said...

Well at least the daffodil is lovely!

KimP said...

If the gremlins are at your house, then maybe that means they will leave me alone this week! Hope they move on to someone's home soon. Tell the cats to chase them away. : )

Tonya Ricucci said...

aye yay yay. Isn't that an ancient computer, one that DH has used to acquire all sorts of viruses? Maybe it's time for a new one! Gorgeous daffodils, but sorry to hear about the Gremlin problem. Are those selvages Goldie is rolling around in - they look so narrow? Can't believe those haven't been strung all around the house.

Tina Craig said...

Thank you for posting the daffodil photo. Up north, we needed the reminder that spring will come, eventually.