Thursday, August 22, 2013

Bermuda Sea-glass quilt finished!


This morning I took the last stitch in the binding of my Bermuda Sea-glass quilt!  Phew...this is a King size quilt (note self: wait another year or two before making another King size quilt!)

Now I only have to sew on the sleeve and label.  My DH gave me permission to put "his" quilt in the show in October.  (hope the new racks are big enough!)

This was a nod to the Modern quilt movement.  I used white, solids, and a very geometric pattern.  The block pattern (quarter log cabin) is based on an antique quilt but the blocks are larger and have a different orientation. I really like the secondary design (Shoo fly) made by the half square triangles and the cornerstones.   I only purchased the backing and a half yard more of the aqua solid speci

It continues to rain daily here...have noticed lots of moths that I hadn't seen before.

This one is a sort of brick color with large "eye" spots on the wings.  I was told it may be an Owl moth. Very pretty!  We also has some Lunar moths and a very large purple one that I haven't found the name for yet...



10 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Kudos to you for finishing up such a large quilt.

Loris said...

Lovely! Bermuda Sea Glass is beautiful! The colors are shimmering just like water :-)
Interesting moth too!

regan said...

I LOVE your Sea Glass quilt! It's gorgeous! Woohoo on your finish! (of a king, no less!) Awesome!

Janet O. said...

Lovely quilt in cool, soothing colors! Congrats on such a big finish!
What a fascinating moth. Once upon a time, in my 4-H entomology leader days, I may have known its name. : )

Tonya Ricucci said...

woohoo, congrats on the finish! really is a lovely quilt - love the colors. and yes, the hidden shoofly.

Diane-crewe said...

it looks wonderful.. well done for all your hard work .. well worth it xx your "inspector" seems to approve as well x

cityquilter grace said...

very pretty...love the colors

Karen said...

Gorgeous colors and so very much like the waters in the Caribean.

Impera Magna said...

Lovely quilt... very cool and refreshing looking! Congrats on such a great finish!

I made a king-size quilt... once. Anytime I think I need to make another... I remind myself of the 1st one... *lol*


jelly andrews said...

I love the pattern and the colour. It seems to remind me of the beach. And I must congratulate you for making this quilt. It is beautiful. How long did you make it?