Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Karen Stone visit

Karen Stone quilt...
This week my guild has Karen Stone in town for a lecture and two workshops!
Karen Stone with quilt during lecture
Her lecture on Monday night was wonderful...I think the title was "Joyful Quilting"...covered a lot about her process for selecting fabrics, designing and then making her quilts.

Also a bit about how her quilt choices have evolved over time.

 It was both informative and fun...highly recommend this lecture!

Yesterday about 25 members of the guild took her Wild Women Don't get the Blues workshop.
 This was new territory design-wise for many of them.  


I think it is great to stretch yourself sometimes!




5 comments:

Gypsy Quilter said...

How fun those quilts look. Thank you for sharing.

Janet O. said...

Would be a great stretch for me, too, but looks like a lot of fun!

Sherrill said...

Isn't Karen great?! She's a local gal and yet we hardly ever get to see her. Love her work!!

Judy in Michigan said...

I love her quilts - they make me smile and I feel happy all over. Can't wait to see what you are doing in that style. Happy Spring!

Purple Pam said...

Oh, Karen Stone. Your guild is so lucky to be able to host such a great quilter. I hope you were able to take one of her classes.