Sunday, June 22, 2014

Officially Summer...


Living down her in the Southern U.S. where it is hot, hot, hot I find I do more quilting in the summer months than in the winter!
Watson and Dobby in the new garden....
Which is sort of understandable since heat and MS are not compatible  (things like spams and losing my eyesight...duh!)  The "new garden" is sparse for now...put in lots of perennials but they will take a year to fill in.  I noticed this will be more "scrappy" than the other beds...hobby crossover perhaps?  It will mainly be blues and purples but I did slip in some pinks, whites, and bit of yellow/cheddar.

So last night may have been my last "play in the garden" time and for the next couple of months it will be fabric gardens!

I'm finding it difficult to focus...lot so half done UFO's hanging around the sewing room and I'm treating them all like leader and ender projects which mean not a lot of progress on any one thing!

but with the thermometer up above 90 for the next few days I hope to have something to show for the hours behind the sewing machine!


8 comments:

mereth said...

The older I get the less I can tolerate our awful summers. I tend to stay in the ac and sew too.
Like you, I've been doing the leader ender thing with projects,and I've decided I have to concentrate on two
things at the very most, until I see something finished. I'm so distractable at times....

Janet O. said...

If you could pick a place to live with the most MS friendly climate, where would it be? Just curious.
That is a gorgeous appliqued block. And I love the RWB blocks. Both great projects!

Chantal said...

A scrappy garden! I love that! Also love your RWB blocks. That's a yummy quilt in the making. Your applique is GOOOORRRGEOUS. Stay cool!

Tonya Ricucci said...

nothing wrong with dirt. stay inside and not worry about the gaps! cute pic of Dobby and Watson

antique quilter said...

stay inside! love the appliqué block so pretty.
Kathie

Lindah said...

In my younger days in a different climate, I always thought there was the winter/inside season and the lovely summer/outside season. Now in my 'more mature' days living in a very hot, arid climate, I have learned that there are 2 inside seasons. Much to my chagrin. I've also learned that for me, the colder inside season in more painful, but that's another story.
I like your perspective of a 'scrappy' garden. I will apply that to our new border where once the straggly hedge lived. I'm sure your and my scrappy gardens will be flourishing next spring. Happy season of quilting!

Purple Pam said...

Glad you are getting some sewing and gardening accomplished. How can you sew in the heat? Especially with no AC? Great red/white/blue blocks.

The Civil War Quilter said...

Nice new garden area. It will fill in nicely by next year. Glad you can stay in and sew/quilt. We'll all get the benefit of seeing your projects progress. :)