Sunday, July 27, 2014

Back on my feet...


I know I've been "off the grid" for a bit.  Can you believe I had a computer accident?  Well maybe not on the computer but getting up from the computer.  I didn't get up very well at that.  I spilled backwards and gave my head so much of a whack that I haven't been able to do much.  But all is better now....
my $1 bag from an estate sale....
So much to cover...

I got cleared by my doc so I am headed up to Charlotte for the AQS show this week.  I will be doing hanging appraisals.  Which basically means appraisals on quilts that are in the show and the owner requested an appraisal.  This is my first time doing this at an AQS show so I'm a bit nervous about the mechanics of it all...let you know!

So my DH has done gone out to some estate sales for me the past couple of weeks to check on quilts and sewing related items.  Sometimes it makes me laugh to hear his description of a quilt and then see the actual quilt.  for instance he called and told me there was a Polka Dot quilt...so in he comes with a 1930's hexagon mosaic quilt!  (tiny pieces too!)

  Maybe now that he is retired more of the quilt terminology will rub off on him!

We have had a good summer (though hot!)  A couple years ago we stopped using pesticides on our property (except for fire and hills which is a granular application specific to the hill.)  Anyway, this year we have had a wonderful array of dragonflies during the day and fireflies at night.  Really quite magical.

Of course Watson and Dobby don't always agree...they spend hours chasing the large dragonflies around the yard!  They sleep well after the chase!






7 comments:

Janet said...

What a beautiful " polka dot" quilt! It's really gorgeous!!

Janet O. said...

Oh, Sio, I am sorry to hear of your accident! I'm glad you have improved.
Love that quilt DH found--and that looks like a great bargain bag.
I love fireflies, the few times I have seen them. It is very magical.

antique quilter said...

glad your doing better, love the polka dot quilt, what a cute story and I love that he went to the sales for you !!!!
Kathie

Karen said...

Sorry to hear of your accident. Glad that you are getting "back on your feet". You've been missed! Take care.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Hope you have recovered from your accident--those hexies are amazing and so tiny

AnnieO said...

Good to see your post--hope you have a very interesting time at the show. Polka dot is an unusual description for that quilt! Fireflies and dragonflies--that's a great name for a quilt don't you think?

Tonya Ricucci said...

polka dot seems like a fitting description. sort of. yay for fireflies and wearing out the young uns.