Monday, May 02, 2016

Bernina Workshop day 3!

Day three of the Bernina workshops was with Sarah Vedeler.  She is a really good instructor and has beautiful patterns.

I love how the little purse came out...just not sure this is the process for me.

On this day we used the 800 series for both the quilting and the applique.  It is all done in a hoop and is automated.  So basically you set the machine up press a button and watch.

If you like embroidery and you like items you make to look perfect then this is for you.  I just feel like I need a bit more involvement.

That said...it really is pretty!

Also, on day three the Owner of Bernina, H.P. Ueltschi,  visited from Switzerland.  It was interesting to hear the story of how the company was started.

Gail your blog commenter is set to "no reply" so I hope you get this!  The carrot cake I showed a few posts ago came from this site....http://www.shugarysweets.com/.../carrot-cake-cheesecake-cake





1 comment:

Janet O. said...

They are pretty little projects, but I agree. When I tried a machine project like that in a workshop once I did not feel the least bit creative.
Very exciting to meet the owner of Bernina!
Oh, you had to show that cake again, did you? *LOL*