Thursday, May 10, 2007

Piles of quilts

I only have time for a quick post this morning. My niece and nephew are coming to visit and still have bits of quilting and needlework covering too many surfaces! Part of the getting ready for them to visit however was taking my antique quilts off of the spare bed. I store them there flat on the bed wih a sheet inbetween each and a sheet on the top (to keep Goldie hair off of them!) It took a long time...it was sort of like meeting old friends.

I wanted to show a photo of the one on top because I noticed that one of the members of the blog ring was using these blocks in a quilt. (sorry I can't remember who...Dh was talking the entire time I was blogging!)

Good news on the stitching group front. I found a group on a village only a few miles away that meets every other week in the village hall. It is a nice group. Several of them are in a patchwork class together. I did some hand applique for the first time in ages!

9 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

That is one incredibly lovely quilt! Enjoy your group, that can be a life saver when you feel otherwise 'disconnected'; I know!

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

What a great quilt! I love yellow and red together. Have fun with your group, and with your company! How long are they staying?

Bonnie

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh I love, love, love this one! I made a quilt a few years ago with this block, but totally different look!

atet said...

Oh, what a beautiful quilt. I love the colors -- and what a great way to store quilts!

Unknown said...

Oh good on you Siobhan for finding the group (just out of pure nosiness which is it?) it will be good for you to just be part of a group instead of being the tutor for once. Love the antique quilt

~Niki~ said...

The quilt is gorgeous! Love the pattern.

Patti said...

Love this very simple antique quilt. Sometimes I think the simplest are the nicest. Have a wonderful visit with your nephews!

MARCIE said...

Great antique quilt. Aren't the colors great?! I love simple blocks too! Hey, isn't that the same color as the pollen of which you spoke earlier? We get it like that here too!

sewprimitive karen said...

What fun to find a nice quilt group so close. Your quilt is beautiful, love the colors.