When it comes to quilting it seems like I alternate between start-it years and finish-it years...this will be a finish it year.
So what is on the docket? I picked out 12 quilts that are in various stages of work-in-process. They range from just needing binding to a half pieced mystery quilt and every stage in between. I thought that would keep me from getting bored and hopefully keep me from starting too many new projects. I know I wrote too many...it would be like telling a person on a diet they could not even sniff a bit of chocolate if you told me no new projects!
1. 1930's scrappy trip around the world...this only needs binding. It was on my 2011 list! I need to dump my angst about what color to bind it with and just finish this one in January! How old is this quilt? I started it when I was living in England....ouch!
2. Seaglass - quarter log cabin: All set to machine quilt.
3. Material Obsession - All set to machine quilt
4. I plan to hand quilt the Charleston Basket using a perl cotton and a big stitch. I still have to piece the backing....
5. Ribbon Candy will be machine quilted. I need to piece the backing and decide on the quilting design.
6. Russian Sunflower. I plan on hand quilting this small quilt. I have the quilting design all planned out and have it pressed and ready to mark. The backing and the wool batt is ready!
7. Last year's Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt, Orca Bay, is all ready to be machine quilted. (no photo)
8. Crayon Rows...not sure if I am going to handquilt this small quilt using a big stitch or if I am going to machine quilt it....
9. Carnival Corn...think I am going to machine quilt this one...this was based on a vintage top I bought at auction up in South Carolina. You can tell I pieced this one about the same time as Crayon Rows!
10. Easy Street is the quilt in pieces on the cutting table....
11. Teddington Stars was also made while I lived in England. I want to put a border on it so it has languished in the "what next" pile of UFO's....sometimes you just have to start sewing!
12. Guild Donation Quilt....this is in the very early stages so no photos yet!
So 12 projects made the list and there are 12 months in a year - great symmetry but somehow I doubt I will stick to finishing one a month...more likely I will finish one in the first 6 months and 6 in the month prior to my guild's show! But I can hope....