Thursday, October 01, 2015

October! My favorite month!


“Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.” 


I love fall...and October is my favorite fall month!  So I am excited this morning!

I already have done some of my favorite fall things...picked apples, bought a pumpkin, put Mums by the front door, and changed out the door decorations to include a grapevine wreath and leaves!

The weather is cooler so I can work out in the garden and throw the windows open to air out the house.  Purge all that processed air-conditioned air!
This quilt is getting a woodgrain fabric binding...
And no surprise I my love of autumn also shows up in my quilting!  The two quilts I am binding right now (ok one I am making the binding for and the other I am auditioning fabric to decide on binding...) are both autumn themed.
dark green gingham option
striped option....
I always struggle with binding decisions...maybe that is why it takes me so long to do that final step in a quilt.

Both of these quilts are going to be in my guild's show...so really need to get a move on!

7 comments:

Sherrill said...

My struggle begins with the borders (and that often takes a VERY long time so they sit and marinate!) and only gets worse from there so I feel your pain! I LOVE autumn for the cooler weather but DISLIKE autumn because it heralds the cold which I totally detest!!

Janet O. said...

You have certainly put me in the mood for Fall. It has still been so hot here, that it has been hard to think of it as Autumn, no matter what the calendar says.
Maybe I will get out some of my Fall decor today, in spite of the heat. We actually have a cool down tomorrow (hooray!).
Good luck with your binding decisions. I struggle there, too. Always second guess myself.

Loris said...

October is my favorite month too. It was a good sign when I got up early this morning to find it had rained a bit during the night and was still sprinkling...here in DRY California ...Yipee!!
The quilts you are finishing up are lovely. Happy October :-)

Feathers in my Nest said...

Oh, you & me both! I Adore Autumn..we had a beautiful cold front move in last night after a couple days of rain...my house is open too..makes me wish I had a clothes line...Can't wait for Snow.
Your quilts are Lovely...I Always have a hard time choosing fabrics, from beginning to end.

Debra in Ma.

Kathy in FL said...

My vote is for the green gingham binding. (Not that anyone cares... vbg)

cityquilter grace said...

very nice quilts....oooh that striped binding is perfect!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Fall is one of my favorite seasons--the colors, cooler temps, tasty soups and warm beverages. Perfect time to sit and stitch or hug a rug