Thursday, January 19, 2017

Quilt for benefit Auction

A friend of mine has a sister who is undergoing extenisive treatment for cancer.  Her family and friends are holding a fundraiser and as part if it there will be a silent auction.

So on the design wall is a quilt I hope to finish in the next couple of days so it can be in the auction.  I will finish at baby/toddler size.

Cutting and sewing with the broken finger has been a challenge.  Starting off with a jelly roll and some strips from the 2-1/2 inch bin helped a lot!  I actually have enough to make a second one for the guild's silent auction next fall!

Plus a stack of bonus 4-patches...

5 comments:

regan said...

I was just going to ask how your healing is going....but I think a marathon quilting session answers that! Be careful....enjoy making this wonderful gift to the auction.....then get back to healing! Take care of yourself! :o)

AnnieO said...

Bright and cheery! My scrap bins are groaning--I like your blocks. Heal fast!

Barb said...

what a nice auction piece for your friend!

Janet O. said...

Those will be happy little quilts! Very good of you to make this effort, with your finger making it such a challenge.

Kim said...

It looks great. I've just started to make my first little quilt. So far I've made 1 square. Lol