Thursday, March 09, 2006

Thre's a world out there...

Another favorite from the Charleston Show. She used lots of Kaffe Fasset fabrics that I love...both the semi-solids and stripes. The purple border is great!Soem of the inner corners are pieced and some jsut use dthe stripes to create the effect. Simple but beautiful
Yikes, I didn't realize how bad my eyes had gotten until the steroid teatment kicked in late yesterday! Life is good! Better living through chemistry from a woman who only a few years abo wouldn't take more than an aspirin and a vitamin! I was convince cranberry juice could cure anything...
Spring has hit Augusta early this year. We are still a few weeks away from the big event - Masters Week - and some folks are getting nervous. If it stays warm the bushes may peak too soon but on the other hand we could get a cold snap and the buds will freeze...all in the name of looking good on television! I hate to sound cynical...the course is drop dead gorgeous and it is run so civilized even non-golfers can have a good time. (What other sporting event can you get pimento cheese sandwich, a beer, and a bag of chips for under $5.)Of course it is almost impossible to get a ticket without planning at least a year in advance....personnaly I'd prefer to go to the Quilt show in Houston.
I got lots of fun fabrics in Charleston that I am slipping into the house each day. Makes no sense since I have piles of fabric to give away that I bought years ago but who needs to make sense when it comes to fabric anyways! I'm not being quite as strict on my fabric culling as I first wanted. I was tougher with the books since I can get so many ideas from the internet. Most of the books will go into storage...it is funny how I seem to pull the same ones out all the time anyways! The ones that are beside the bed come to England with me - obviously they are my comfort/inspiration reads!

8 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

Gorgeous quilt - soothing yet vibrant. Glad you're buying fabric - you need it, really.

So what quilting books are your bedside inspirational reading?

Cher said...

yes, inquiring minds need to know...

Bonnie K. Hunter said...

I loved the colors of this quilt so much, and the use of the stripes was so fun. I'm glad I got to see it up close....

Bonnie

Quilts And Pieces said...

I saw a quilt like this at a show last fall! I"ll have to share it - I think I took a picture! It kind of makes your eyes go crazy!

dogquilter said...

Hey Sio, you're tagged...see my blog.
~kim

Darcie said...

Love this Kaffe quilt, Sio. Your mini quilt show for us has been quite diverse. (It was great seeing Bonnie in that pic!) It is so fun to hear about your get-togethers.

Hope your MS is playing nice.

The Calico Cat said...

That is a great quilt (I LOVE that purple - it is the "perfect" fabric for a border for that quilt.)

About the golf - we have a swanky tournament (The Congressional - I think is what they call it) near me, but you have to be or know "somone" to get in for the actual tournament and there is a lottery for the practice bits...

Nines said...

Been thinkin' about you, hoping you're feelin' better more often than not. Love this quilt.