Thursday, December 11, 2008

A little bit of Christmas

I extended my unpacking break to put out some Christmas decorations and make cookies. Doesn't take much these days to convince me to take a break from those #$&** boxes.

The little wallhanging was made by Tonya for me and includes: my Macbeth calmly watching Santa; Goldie on the mantlepiece being good; and brownie about to tear an ornament off the tree (if not knock down the tree alltogether!) That pretty much sums up our house.
The santa is at least a dozen years old and was purchased at a flea market in Maryland. It was made by a woman from Florida. He stands...oh, rather sits over a foot tall. I've been known to leave him sitting on the bookcase past St. Patrick's Day....(My DH claims I made him grow a beard because I have a thing for Santa...could be....) Not too much else made it out... a little tree, a couple of small snowpeople and a nativity set.

I tried a new biscotti recipe..lemon ginger. The flavor is great but they came out flat! Hard to cut it and make it again when it is a pancake. I followed the recipe exactly. The baking powder and the eggs were fresh. Guess I'll go back to my old standby...wonder if I could just take my apricot and lemon recipie and add the diced ginger in place of some of the apricot....Maybe I should have done that first...Duhhhhh.

8 comments:

*karendianne. said...

Wow! The little wallhanging by Tonya for you is nothing but "Love" in action. This is an amazing piece of artwork. You are truly blessed, Sio.

Glad you've allowed the Season to take your away...

Holiday Love, *karendianne.

Darcie said...

What kind of boxes are they?!? lol Good for you...they'll be there when you're good and ready to get back to them. Promise.

Dratted recipes. It sure does sound good though. Better luck next time...with your own recipe just altered a bit.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.... ;-)

Unknown said...

I’ve been coming to your 'blome' for some time and enjoying your home baking, your beautiful crafts that are truly inspirational; even Goldie ups and downs (hope she is better by now). Sadly I missed you whilst in England only by a month - not that it would matter but knowing that you were here it is nice. I've been bitten by the quilting bug and just got my first lot of fabrics. I am planning to start with a Midnight Star Quilt, nothing big. Thank you for your visit and please come again.

Purple Pam said...

Sounds like you are making progress. Your tree is up, you have some sewing to do. We don't even have a tree yet. I haven't taken time to go out and get one. I can't get DH interested in doing it alone. Take care.

julieQ said...

Very pretty Santa! A break from the unpacking is wonderful. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!!

McIrish Annie said...

what a great wallhanging and of course i love Santa..

don't you hate when a recipe doesn't work out! hope it tasted good even if it was flat

sewkalico said...

That is such a gorgeous (and personal) wallhanging!

Tonya Ricucci said...

glad to see you've got some Christmas up! it's a mix of Halloween and a wee bit of christmas here - I've never been this disorganized before... moving certainly does mess things up. hope your holidays are going well and you're not overdoing it!