Sunday, October 18, 2009

A few from the show...

All and all it was a good show...I can barely keep my eyes open so I'll post a few photos tonight and more during the week.

Best in Show went to Margaret Hunt for her Lady Nolly which is painted, then thread painted and heavily embellished.

Judges Choice went to Rachel Thomas for her Character Crusty that I think was called Under my hat
Rachel also was awarded best use of color for the amazing quilt above.
Best hand quilting was much more impressive in person. It is so hard to get good photos in a gym!The skater quilt is one of my favorites. It was a group quilt for Betsy Cade given to her when she hit a certain age....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh wow! I don't think I ever got to see Betsy's quilt finished. :) Good job. I love the quilts. Wish I could have been there.

Hugs,
Melinda

AnnieO said...

Best in Show seems well deserved--this is a stunning quilt in so many ways! I agree with the use of color award too, and agree its hard to get a good shot under gym lighting. The skater is wonderful and so is Crusty (it's called "Nothing up my Sleeve" by the label!)

jovaliquilts said...

You definitely have some talent in your guild! What a great show it must have been.

sewprimitive karen said...

Wow, Best of Show is wonderful and also love the Feathered Star.

*karendianne. said...

Oh, I don't know Sio, I think you did a pretty good job of capturing the best hand quilting. It showed up well. I was impressed. Also was wayy impressed with "best use of color!" For REAL I'd say.