Monday, October 05, 2009

October Overload!

October is going to be one busy quilting month....

This past weekend my quild held a "mini-retreat." We have the large room at the church from Friday afternoon through late Saturday night. Some quilters stay the entire time and others just a few hours. I was able to get a scarf finished and two sleeves put on...that and eat a lot of cookies and look at fun stuff the other quilters were working on!

Today we hung a small quilt exhibit at the new North Augusta Heritage Center. Glad I am not the one on top of that ladder! The large quilts will be hanging from those wires in the ceiling...
Thursday we will have a walkthrough...it all looked really nice.
And I know it is early for Santa but I love the work my friend Rachel does!

In addition to this exhibit we are putting on a show in two weeks...yikes. I am happy to say the last of my promised quilts was finished last week and I only have to make some clothing for my autumn sprite doll....phew.... Now off for a quick nap before guild meeting tonight...

3 comments:

*karendianne. said...

All this and a Sprite Doll is coming? I forgot about that. I loved the last one you did. I'm excited about that, Sio!

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Wow, you do have a busy month! the quilts look fabulous (I wouldn't want to be on that ladder either!). I love Santa's beard. xo

Nana Time said...

I love the Santa and will use it as a idea to make one of my own for my outdoor flag :)