Sunday, October 25, 2009

Wave runner day two and stuff


I've done a bit more work on my wave-runner....there is acually a pile of half-made blocks growing next to my sewing table. I decided this morning to start paying a bit more attention to what had so I didn't end up with enough blocks for two w-runners! Also the photos help with making color choices...I'm being a bit more careful with how I use the goldenrod and the ice blue since they seem to be grabbing the eye..I can either group them in one area or spread them evenly throughout the quilt...not sure I've made a decision yet.
I picked up a copy Intuitive Color & Design of yesterday (sorry it sideways...trust me in my files it is right side up but blogger isn't playing well with others today.) Really a good read and lots of inspirational project ideas. One that I have been doing but not as well as I should is an inspiration journal. In some ways I use my computer for that - lots of photos and links to websites and blogs - but I think I will spend a bit more time on my sketchbook and see what happens.

While my iron heated up a new reservoir of water (I'm using a lot of steam on this quilt-top!) I played with some layouts for some vintage blocks I got at the silient auction table at our show. These may look familiar...yes these are some of the blocks I washed and ironed for the guild. I got a bit attached to them and bought one bag. I think I will piece a background with some blues or pinks (much better than beige carpet don't ya think!)
and then applique the fan-circles down.....I'll have to go into the stash and see what works but I'm thinking I like the layout....

12 comments:

*karendianne. said...

Sio, I totally dig this layout for the repro's. I mean, for real! Wish the silent auction were at my house which completely ruins the point and I'm sorry for that!
On the other hand, I'm inspired by your very cool creative intuitive spirit. I admire that in you. I'm in process of re-starting a childhood hobby. It feels very edgy to me but it's not. It's all I can do to keep up with you waving and running along. sheesh.! Good dang thing life is just fun mostly and not a race mostly.

Tonya Ricucci said...

wheee, so glad you've got the energy to sew and have fun. hurrah, looks great.

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

ooh girl! your playing! good for you!
the waverunner is looking good.

Janet said...

The wave runner is looking great and so much fun. Love the auction blocks a lot.

Purple Pam said...

I like the layout for the fans, too. What fun! Sometimes I spend more time on someone else's blocks than I do my own. I love to get UFOs at an auction. I bought two from our last silent auction that I have not worked on yet, though. They are both hexagon projects.

Browndirtcottage said...

Oh yeah...I'm like you on my waverunner...I finally started cutting some of my pieces into the 10 x pieces before I had w-a-y too many strips sewn...like you...I didn't want to over do it in these colors schemes!! Yours is looking quite good!!

Clare said...

Your Waverunner is looking good. I like the look of the book too.

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Your waverunner is looking fabulous! I too found laying it out on a design wall as I was making it really helped. this books looks interesting, might have to check that one out. I love your fans xo

Darcie said...

That looks terrific, Sio! I'm loving it.

I will have to pick up that Jean Wells book for myself. It looks yummy.

Nines said...

Love the waves!!

*karendianne. said...

Well, I return because I'm made that way. I come here regularly and if you're not here, well, I just let you know I was here... hee!

Millie said...

Your waverunner looks great. Another nice book to have...don't you just hate it when you have the picture just right and then on blogger it is sideways? Have a great day!