Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Spring Fever



We could not have asked for better weather than we had this past Easter weekend. We did lots of driving around the local villages and took MacBeth on lots of walks. Knowing that it is cold and damp in lots of the U.S. I will stop there...

I have been slowly trimming Mac's hair for summer. He hates being groomed and has to be wrestled to the ground and then bribed with lots of treats to stop his sulking afterwards. Anyway he is slowing looking more like a scotty than a wild dog.

The eyes are still a bit wonky. I've spent a lot of time just making random blocks....lots of sewing scraps together and not amounting to much. I was going to post photos of the mess but DH plugged in the TomTom into my camera's port so I'll have to wait until he comes home to crawl under the desk and re-attach it!

Ever since I read Anne on Quilting Bebbs post about her daughters Lemon Curd I have had a craving for lemon...anything! This morning I broke down and made a pan of Lemon Bars to bring to class tonight (good excuse no!) A woman I worked with in Georgia gave me this recipie and I love it...unfortunately DH hates lemon so I have to find excuses to make a pan....

Forida Deluxe Lemon Bars....
2-1/4 cups, flour, divided
1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
1 cup butter

1/2 teaspoon baking powder
4 eggs lightly beaten
2 cups sugar
1/3 cup lemon juice (fresh squeezed really makes a difference in this recipie)
powdered sugar

Combine 2 cups of flour and 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Cut in butter. Firmly press into a greased 9x13x2 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

Combine the remaining 1/4 cup flour and paking pwder -s tir well. Combine eggs, sugar and lemon juice then stir into the flour mixture. Pour over prepared curst. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until set.

Let cool in the pan. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and cut into bars.

Now I am off the bake the spice cookies that I get a craving for whenever I think lemon curd...that posting could put a couple of pounds on me!

7 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I have a lemon bar recipe almost identical to this and now I feel compelled to bake them... what a vicious circle this blogging can be! MacBeth is quite handsome!

Quilts And Pieces said...

I decided I wasn't even going to fight Chloe for her groom. Tomorrow she has a "spa" appointment for the bath, trim, nails - the works! When she is 55 pounds I'm not about to try and do it!

Kairle Oaks said...

I had a disatrous experience making lemon bars a couple of weeks ago and my family won't let me live it down. I used a new recipe that turned out horribly! I may have to use your recipe as I try to redeem myself! lol!

sewprimitive karen said...

Oh Macbeth is a dollbaby!

Saska said...

I printed off your recipe and will try it this weekend. LOVE lemon!

Tonya Ricucci said...

Thrilled to hear you've had some lovely weather. I'd sulk too if it meant someone would give me treats to bribe me into a better mood. Sorry to hear about the eyes, but I bet your blocks are fun.

Finn said...

Hi Sio, so happy to hear that you had such lovely weather for the Easter holiday! Surely that helps how one is feeling.
I love your loaves and fishes pile of blocks for the luekemia quilts. Graphically they are soooo satifying to look at. I'm old school enough to get excited by all the blocks not being just one block with clever setting idea. Those are nice, but do tend to all look the same. You've done a wonderful job with that play time! Sending big hugs for better eyes, Finn
P.S. I think Mac looks great!